Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Supercharger Vs Turbo

Featured Replies

heheheh yea. Whats even more funny is that my car runs the same kind of lap times as he does... with a mere 255hp... on street tyres

thats the shit man .feels good passing them on the way home on the trailers.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
hehe I forgot about this thread. I was at a track day recently (no shit!) and there was a guy with a 600hp supercharged VT commodore. I thought it was hilarious that he was changing supercharger belts every 3-4 sessions because the supercharger was drawing so much power off the crank and just shredding gilmore belts. Meanwhile a few pit bays down I slap some fuel in after 4 sessions and I'm good for another 4.

 

 

Though I do not think a 4k will evert up too 600hp, so I don't think the Gilmore belt will shredded a rolla any time soon.

Though I do not think a 4k will evert up too 600hp, so I don't think the Gilmore belt will shredded a rolla any time soon.

 

Someone will be crazy enough to try it though :lolcry:

  • Author

Well I am going to try and push limits with my 4k, can't wait to see what happens.

  • Author

Not allowed engine conversions. Not allowed 5k or 7k. 5k is just too big to replace my 4k from QLD rules without a blue plate.

...and your allowed to use forced induction on your standard motor?

sidering using a rotrex blower on my 20v

quite a nice power band holds power right up to 9000rpm.

but can be limited.

 

can someone please explain 'detonation'

and what you need to do to get away from it?

  • Author
...and your allowed to use forced induction on your standard motor?

 

 

We are not allowed a supercharger or turbocharger on our L's or P's.

 

I am just really considering Supercharging when I am on my opens. Though turbo sounds just as good. Just not too sure what I really want to do. I am heading towards Supercharger at the moment. Though time will see.

We are not allowed a supercharger or turbocharger on our L's or P's.

 

I am just really considering Supercharging when I am on my opens. Though turbo sounds just as good. Just not too sure what I really want to do. I am heading towards Supercharger at the moment. Though time will see.

 

Well when you have finally gotten your opens you would have discovered the POWAAAAH of the A series and the boosted k motor would be a mere memory :lolcry:

  • Author

Haha. I could never throw away my KE55 hardtop. She is my girl and will be for a long time.

 

If anything, by the time I am older I will get a 1994+ Supra, or something with a 1uz in it =]

Edited by WinKE55

do superchargers make that awesome sound like turbo's when you change gears??? if they don't then turbo for sure ;) ahah :(

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.