Chuggering And Running Like Shit.

JiP

Hey, Anyones help is appreciated.

My KE30 has been playing up lately and I'm baffled to know what the problem is. It was only happening on highways yesterday while doing 100/110 but later begun doing this at 60 & uphills.

I'll be driving and if I have to accelerate up an incline or speed up to a speed, the car would start to stutter and the temp would start to rise. If I were to continue and push through by accelerating more it would start to chugger violently.

I'm confused and don't know what it'd be. Any ideas??

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I did get dirty fuel. It was 98 octane wich shit me off. I've given the carby a clean, changed the fuel filter and swapped the diszzy cabled with the ones on SL2's engine. One of the cables was kinked by the heater hose. I haven't gone onto the highway get but she seems okay. Still pings a but but the temp stays really low. I'll see how she is tomorrow on the way to work.

Not to mention that I use octane booster tablets too. Thats why with the Qld cruise that I've planned I've moved the starting point away from that servo as I don't want any cars breaking down cause of their dodgy fuel.

Check your timing and advance sysytems, similar thing happrned to me, and it was the mechanical advance sticking. so i'd be going along fine, then uder a bit of load she'd start "chuggering"!

A little bit of lube never hurt anyone!

Hey, Anyones help is appreciated.

My KE30 has been playing up lately and I'm baffled to know what the problem is. It was only happening on highways yesterday while doing 100/110 but later begun doing this at 60 & uphills.

I'll be driving and if I have to accelerate up an incline or speed up to a speed, the car would start to stutter and the temp would start to rise. If I were to continue and push through by accelerating more it would start to chugger violently.

I'm confused and don't know what it'd be. Any ideas??

I had a blown head gasket when my hatch was doing that ( but i could be wrong, i often am )

stop using 98 O and octain tablets and the pinging should go away, if you havent done damage already. your fuel is about 100 O atm and its only ment to handel 95 O at most assuming it is a stock 4k-c motor with 9:1 compression to 9.5:1 compression but if its a 3k than you have really gone and done it because a 3k-c only has 8.5:1 compression so don't even use 94 O.

8.5:1 to 9.3:1 comp use 91 O. 3K 4K.

9.3:1 to 9.5:1 comp use 94/95 O. NOTE 94 O IS SHIT, ITS CUT BAD. 4K 5K

over 9.5:1 to 10.1:1 use 98 O. 5k

over 10.1:1 use 100 O and a heavy foot. :S well faced 3k 4k 5k

11.5 and over you will need to fill ap at the local airfield, AV GAS YEAAR. :) crazzy k

19.0:1 and over use nitro and a fule shut off valve. :) stuffed if i know, man with death wish.

Edited by [email protected]

Spitto that is UTTER BULLSHIT.

If you're correct then an Aero engine such as a Lycoming O-360 running 130/100 (130 octane rich burn, 100 lean burn) should do nothing but ping because it only runs 8.5:1 compression.

I ask you to please refrain from posting any more bullshit. There are numerous posts made by you in the trashcan because of the poor quality of information. We strive for a high quality of information on rollaclub unlike some other forums.