Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ca18det Ke55 Progress Pics

Featured Replies

  • Author

Yes the CA certainly does look abit like a 4AGE when it doesn't have the plug cover on it. I would say the ca is abit longer than a 4age and also a bit taller... But there is no problems fitting them into a corolla, that for sure.

 

It's coming along pretty quick now and should be running in a few weeks.... Can't wait :KY:

  • Replies 85
  • Views 34.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Yes a small plate has been welded onto the floor that extends over the gap in the inner guard.. The surge tank was then screwed down to that. Pretty simple and tidy..

 

What sort of surge tank you got? What size??

  • Author

Thought I might entice you lot with some more pics of the KE55

 

It's actually starting to look more and more like a car with windows, windscreens and stuff back in and the wheels fitted up.

 

shane_engine_done.jpg

 

Shane_right_side.jpg

 

shane_left_side.jpg

 

Hope you all like... and thanks for all the great comments.

 

:D :)

That's looking very very neat, excellent work. My surge tank is apparently about 1L, no idea what sort - I got it 2nd hand. I'm thinkign I'm going to mount it on the drivers side, there are bolts there I'm assuming to bolt the jack or something to, will probably make a bracket to bolt that to and then bolt the surge tank to it. Or something to that effect.

 

Oh yeah: what did you do with your clutch setup? Are you using a TA22 hydrolic kit? If so, what did you do with your clutch pedal? I've cut out the section behind my clutch pedal (the actual pedal box), was going to drill a hole through the clutch pedal itself and run the linkage through there.

 

Spent 6 hours under the car last night making the fuel line, hope I never have to do that again. Also need to get some new hose brackets and stuff to finish the job off.

  • Author

Umm... For the clutch we used a TA22 celica master cylinder, and modified the pedal box. You will find the that the firewall may have a centerpunch mark where the hole should be for the master cylinder.. this just needs to be drilled out the appropriate size.

 

As for the pedal box, not sure how different this may be as the KE55 was originally an auto, but i cut the section of a ta22 pedal box and modified the ke55 one so the pedal sat in the right spot, then welded it all up. Seems to fit all up ok.

 

As for drilling a hole in the pedal, i think i looked at that, but it was about an inch to the right and wouldn't line up... can't be sure though

 

Here's a pic of the clutch master cylinder and the pedal box anyway.

 

clutch_master.jpg

 

pedalbox.jpg

Junior: Yup I've drilled that hole out already, and yes am planning on using TA22 system. I already have a dud master cylinder but was going to get a new one.

 

You're right about the pedal being a little too far to the right, I have no idea what I'm going to do with that yet.

 

Here is my modified pedal box as it is now:

 

12070002-vi.jpg

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

Been busy lately on the corolla again.

 

Just some update shots of the Front brakes and the R31 diff that has been shortened to fit. Also some interior shots.

 

front_brakes.jpg

front_brakes_1.jpg

r31_diff_shot.jpg

diff_shot.jpg

interior_shot.jpg

seats.jpg

 

It's not too far off being finished now as you may well see.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.