Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Supercharged

Featured Replies

I'm looking at supercharging the rolla but the Q is AMR 300, AMR 500, Sc12 or Sc14 5K Ke20, does anyone have any experience with any of these and what do you think is the best one to use, keeping in mind I need to be able to drive it every day on pulp, any input is appreciated :dance: :lmao: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I'm looking at supercharging the rolla but the Q is AMR 300, AMR 500, Sc12 or Sc14 5K Ke20, does anyone have any experience with any of these and what do you think is the best one to use, keeping in mind I need to be able to drive it every day on pulp, any input is appreciated :dance: :lmao: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

 

 

Have you looked around here? There has been a fair few SC14s on a Rolla. I plan on doing it when I am on my Opens. SC14's I think are 18?28? more percent bigger then SC12s from what I have heard. So depends how much boost you want to run will determine the supercharger and if you need an intercooler etc.

Edited by WinKE55

  • Author

I have a 5k in the shed, a couple of heads to choose from an intercooler and am trying to aquire a nother ke20 to use as a test car, basically I needed to know which would be the best one for a 1500cc engine with out having to work it to hard. The other problem is that I would like to use the twin carbie set up just for something a little different.

I have a 5k in the shed, a couple of heads to choose from an intercooler and am trying to aquire a nother ke20 to use as a test car, basically I needed to know which would be the best one for a 1500cc engine with out having to work it to hard. The other problem is that I would like to use the twin carbie set up just for something a little different.

you could use twin carbies, but you would have to make a custom intake camber but i would say its doable and would be a mean setup

Go with the SC12 or SC14's. Usually come up on Ebay, price difference seems marginal though.

 

You will have to work the AMR's pretty hard to make any good power.

 

Are you going draw through or blowthrough, because there are a few dual carb draw through manifolds on ebay at the moment. Blow through would be an excercise in expletives to do I reckon!

I herd that a draw through setup on sc12 or 14 can be bad for it as it has to compress fule and air

which bends and or buggers up the rotors inside because.

when you say "twin carbies" do you mean a 3k-b twin asian setup, or dual side drafts?

 

If side drafts, I can't see why you couldn't do a blow through setup with a plenum across the front of them, as thats what most of the 9 second turbo 3t's in PR/states are using!!

Although they may be a bit more painful to initially setup (ie fuel system) they'd probably give you some better perfromance than the old draw through SU setup.

For sure on the double blow through being more power, but you would have to really commit to doing it properly, not like most of the backyard carby tubo jobs.

 

How would you manage balancing them though, I suppose it would be straightforward enough at fast idle (low/no boost)?

how would the sidedrafts handle the boost? are you saying that you wouldnt have to make up a box like you did simon for your weber?

Have a look at what the puerto ricans are doing with side draft carbys. They'd be running a helluva lot more boost that an SC14 ever will be.

Nuts. Like I said though, you need to commit to it if you're going to do it !!! Its all the same principles as a down draft running boost though.

 

Where are the bowl vents on DCOEs, i'm wondering what they do to equalise the bowls with the boost pressure?

  • Author

Thanks to every one that has helped with the input, I have a corolla ke20 that i drive every day with the normal big port 3k head, ballanced 4k bottom end, the factory twin down draft carbies and extractors with the 2 1/4 inch exhaust, but I wanted to do something different with the 5k as the missus has has hit the E brake with any more cars, so I have decided to keep the ke20 and build engines, as she didn't say anything about engines and equipment. the Idea of an intake chamber lilke a plenum chamber for the carbies, it will be a trial and error job but worth it I think. Thanks again :P :P :wootjump: :bounce:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.