My Ke70 Guzzles The Fuelz!!!

Hey guys, my ke70(4k) guzzles a lot of fuel, 10 bucks hardly gets me 50 k's anymore,

in my old ke30 with a 5k 10 bucks would get me 100k's even with an amount of flogging.

anyway, iw as wondering if anyone could list a whole bunch of tuneing things i could do to the motor to make it use less fuel but without too much of a performance decrease

-Alex

Members dont see this ad

$10 fuel these days will just fill the hose on the bowser and maybe dribble out.

My Ke70 got 400km from a tank

Te72 = 350km

Mitsubishi Pajero = 350km from 70L

Put a carby kit through it and see how it goes. Made alot of difference to dads rodeo.

My engine was running very hot, and the carby was working more like a kettle.

The fuel was boiling before it was burning, I made a heat shield and fixed the cooling system and I got much better fuel use.

I would start by doing a full service on the car, tuning the carby may been needed.

if you have an air/fuel gauge, you could tune it yourself. (to perfection)

Chirs

how exactly do you tune a stocko aisan carby?

i thought that you can only tune the idle mixture?

my car uses way to much fuel, its jsut a stocko 4k with a 3k carby. it kinda varies, with 10$ of fuel (about 6.5 litres) sometimes the fuel light comes on at 35k's other times i get up to 70k's, with pretty much the same "enthusiasm" in driving....

you really can't measure fuel economy unless you fill the tank til you can see the fuel at the lip of the filler, then run it however far, and refill it all the way to the same point.

thats the only accurate way of telling how much fuel is being used per a certain distance.

for what its worth with a heavy driving technique i would get 10 or 11 to the hundred, and a nice gentle drive i would get 8 or under litres to the hundred.

spark plugs, points, dizzy timing, dizzy cap, leads, rotor button, air filter all need to be in good condition.

and a carby kit did make a difference to my economy, but not drastically.

cheers, andrew

is the economy rapidly/suddenly changing or becoming worse?

or is it just generally crap?

don't measure consumption in dollars becuse your car runs on litres of fuel

dollars are not a static measure becuase the price is variable?!!>?

if economy has become poor all of a sudden then something has changed

check vacuum advance is connected and working

check ignition base timing is right

check carburettor is working generally correctly, primary and secondary function etc

also ke70+4k is not a fair comparison to ke30+5k

ke30 weighs less

5k is more powerful so needs less boot insertion to get it around

other things like tune, engine condition etc would affect it between the two packages too

1L/$1.7 per litre = 0.588L per dollar x 10 dollars = 5.8L of fuel, then 5.8L per 50k = avg 11.6L/100km, a bit heavy on the juice but not hugely bad...

• 2 weeks later...
stupid question, but whats a carby kit and where do i get one?

what state are you in , you get a carby kiy from a carby reconditioner you'll find them in the phone book ,but if your not that good with rebuilding things and pay attenion to what your doing

if you want to drop your fuel bill a bit try lowering the float in the carby it may be set a bit high