Tacho Into Ke30

Members dont see this ad

In relation to........ ?

Bolt in, hook up wires, now have tacho.......

as far as position, I have one on the steerig column, and the other was attached to the cage. Prefered the steering column.

Edited by Redwarf

In relation to........ ?

Bolt in, hook up wires, now have tacho.......

as far as position, I have one on the steerig column, and the other was attached to the cage. Prefered the steering column.

ok i'm wondering if there is a tacho dash that just bolts in such as in the ke70 for now

cheers,

andy

ok i'm wondering if there is a tacho dash that just bolts in such as in the ke70 for now

No not really.

There are ke30 tacho dashes out there, but VERY rare in oz. Aussie ke30 didn't came with tachos standard.

I know a lot of people have put a small one in where the clock goes...

ye i just installed my revs taco in my ke38 like yesterday,

i just pulled the dash out and then pulled all the backing part out with the clock,speedo, and oil temp an that and then just got the jigsaw out an cut out where the clock was and made it bigger so the taco would fit, an then just ran the wires threw the back.

i had to make sure it would fit in behind were the clock used to be as the taco was a fair bit bigger than the origianl clock so i had to cut an modify the back abit.. it was a little bit of effort but the end product looks sweet.

give it a whirl,

cheers, haydo

if your cluster is one with the removable clock, then it's just a matter of getting a 2" tacho (i think) and swapping them. run the wires for the tacho and you're set.

i am about to install one for my partner. i have the cluster with the tacho ready, just need time to do the swap.

No not really.

There are ke30 tacho dashes out there, but VERY rare in oz. Aussie ke30 didn't came with tachos standard.

This would be a TE37 dash you're referring to. Think there's like 1 in Aus.

retro-fit FTW!!....

100_0262.jpg

100_0469.jpg

if your cluster is one with the removable clock, then it's just a matter of getting a 2" tacho (i think) and swapping them. run the wires for the tacho and you're set.

i am about to install one for my partner. i have the cluster with the tacho ready, just need time to do the swap.

thanks for the help everyone...my dash is the standard ke30 one with the clock. I'll go and get a 2'' tacho and attempt to swap with the clock. I'm not real good with electrics, give it a go though. :bash:

Taz that is an awesome looking dial set up you have there. I am jelous. haha

thanks for the help everyone...my dash is the standard ke30 one with the clock. I'll go and get a 2'' tacho and attempt to swap with the clock. I'm not real good with electrics, give it a go though. :bash:

Taz that is an awesome looking dial set up you have there. I am jelous. haha

ive got a black 2inch taco i can sell and also a spare gauge cluster to mess around with you want?

Always found mine a bitch to read located where the clock was. Tried to make mine look factory though by painting the needle to match the rest of the guages. From memory had to make a spacer to locate the tacho in the right position.

No not really.

Thats what I did. I had to modify the dash cluster slighttly (remove some platic with a rotory tool like a dremel) to clear the brackets for the tacho, but it all looks alright.

newinteriorzg4.jpg

ive got a black 2inch taco i can sell and also a spare gauge cluster to mess around with you want?

yes please, that would be really awesome. send u a pm in a sec...

Always found mine a bitch to read located where the clock was. Tried to make mine look factory though by painting the needle to match the rest of the guages. From memory had to make a spacer to locate the tacho in the right position.

I'll start just with the clock sized one and get that right before i consider carving up my dash for a bigger one. Cheers for the advice about the spacer, see how it goes..

Cheers,

Andy