Rollaclub.com Suggestion Box

irokin

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

Gday, Love the new skin for the site however, i think taking the state filter away from the for sale section is a bit of a pain, due to half of the cars for sale not advertising the state in the title. which in turn makes it difficult to search through cars that are actually available to me. Any consideration would be appreciated, Thanks :)

Gday, Love the new skin for the site however, i think taking the state filter away from the for sale section is a bit of a pain, due to half of the cars for sale not advertising the state in the title. which in turn makes it difficult to search through cars that are actually available to me. Any consideration would be appreciated, Thanks :)

The new system will take a few weeks to really come into effect. It's unfortunate the old system couldn't be migrated over but I'm confident the new system should end up being better.

• 3 months later...

How about a feature where you can tag other members in posts? I know you can get people's attention by quoting them but I think this might be a good idea.

Such as:

"[user Name Here], you might wanna take a look at this thread."

or

"I know a guy who can help you out. His name is [user Name Here]"

Just a suggestion, but what do you think?

Possible.

You would probably need to tell the system that you're doing that. Something like [[username]] (or more likely username) though rather than just automatically detecting username and matching it to a user. I can't think of a tidy way (at the moment) to search 10k+ users against each word in a post for a match. I could probably do it with sphinx fairly quickly but it's a bit of a waste of resources.

Don't put yourself out too much if you're only partial about it.

So like typing [[senseless Sensation]] or Senseless Sensation for example?

The second option seems to just redirect me to the top of the page.

Edited by Senseless Sensation