Rollaclub.com Suggestion Box

irokin

Hey,

When I'm reading some thread about something and everyone jumps on it, I sometimes get confused as to who started the thread in the first place. I have to go to the first page and look who started it. Maybe an idea would be to have the topic starter in the window description. EG. "Rollaclub.com Suggestion Box - By irokin"

Cheers, Johno :)

I've had a bit more of a think about this and I might have a preview of an extension of that idea for everyone to have a look at tonight and see if its worthwhile implementing it.

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Its been a subject of discussion for a while. I think the only reason EOIs still exist is because I haven't written them out of the rules yet.

Maybe there should be an EOI section in the Market Place (For Sale Area), Just to save the confusion from people thinking, "Ohh... This nice looking car is for sa.... Oh, It's an EOI, :yes:".

Edited by ewt

• 1 month later...

sorry havent read the whole thread but the top bar with all the options staying at the top of your screen when you scroll would be cool. The home forum gallery bit. Or a static quick link somewhere. I know there is a jump to top but would be mad if the options are always there. no matter where you scroll.

I'd love to have been able to warn you about it. If I know about a pending downtime I'll usually put up a news post about it a couple of days in advance. Unfortunatly last night my host decided to move the servers to another datacenter. The first I knew about it was at about 8:20pm aest when the maintenance page started showing. I was rather frustrated by the lack of so much as even an email in my direction about it. It's not like moving datacenters is spur of the moment maintenance. Suffice to say I will be looking for a new hosting provider in the new year.

I don't know if it can be done on this forum, but possibly have something that stops people from joining solely for the purpose of selling something?

Not a whole lie detector test about why they're here or anything like that.

Just like toymods where you have to contribute to the forums before you can use the for sale section.

The ones I'm talking about are the ones that join, contribute nothing to the forums and use the "privilege" of forums market place, sell their whatevers and piss off.

Whats your main gripe with those kind of people? I suspect it might be easier to solve those problems than trying to stop them all together. We've tried a couple of times in the past and theres always unwanted side effects that are worse than the original problem. Its not something that particularly bothers me, if they want to advertise then it satisfies their need and provides a larger number of items and opportunities for regular members.

I notice the for sale area is starting to get rather cluttered so perhaps its time to start subdividing it?

http://rollaclub.com/test/rollaclub.htm

The info is completely static but you should get the idea (hint: look on the right side of the thread).

I did a bit of work on this the other day and I've had to put it on the back burner. Its going to need a bunch more coding than I was anticipating.

On the bright side though I may have found an easy way to do the forward/back buttons for PMs. Will have to see how I get on.