Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Cruise And Bbq

Featured Replies

Hi all!

 

As some might know, I've just shifted house, and am now living up in Balcatta.

It's a nice quaint house with a decent back yard, but, the main reason I saught out this property is one simple reason...

 

It's got a 6 CAR GARAGE!

 

Well, the "Sabotender" is now in residence, (the race car of previous threads) and I'm going to be spending the next few weeks setting things up for all manner of automotive adventures. The main idea is that Rolla club members will be more than welcome to use the facilities for working on their vehicles (within limits of course... ) I'll have a paint booth set up shortly, and will have an engine crane and general tools available, as well as access to a few specialist tools.

 

I was wondering if anyone would be up for a cruise and BBQ in a few weeks, ending up at my place, so everyone can check out what is available.

 

Anyone Keen???

 

I'm hoping to have things in order in about 3 weeks or so, so hopefully we can break our previous attendance records with a good amount of notice... my thoughts are for a saturday afternoon or something...

  • Replies 49
  • Views 58.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o0o0o0o0o0o my car mite be going by then...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

but prob not

mmm...in 3 weeks eh? ill should be there with my new wheels (assuming tech9tyres doesnt f**ck me around)

I should be there, can't wait to check out the garage/ Cactuar Racing Car!

 

I don't think the Rolla will be done by then... I'm really missing it ;)

  • Author

hey there boys,

 

finally got net back on after a week of withdrawals, and filling up the shed fast with parts and cars.

Thinking either Saturday the 30th or the weekend following might be the way to go? Seeing as I'm now north, I think it's only fair that we meet south... How's Fern Road Park just by Riverton Bridge sound?

  • Author
ok, I have google map it, and found the area (i think).

 

Would we eat there or at your place?

 

What time are we gonna meet up?

 

Are we gonna be drinking?

 

Chris

 

 

I think eat at my place, because i am scoring a bbq over the weekend, and do enjoy frying stuff up at home.

 

Time, i think late morning??? say 10:30 or 11am??? an hour drive, then BBQ lunch...

 

Drinks...would depend on what people feel like... I'm happy to grab a carton of bottles if people are going to lay waste to them, but if i do drink, it won't be much... either that, or i got a bit of a bottle of Nelson County to polish off.

 

I think i'd need a commitment from more than 5 people to prompt me to get alcohol...

 

So, official time, 11am on Saturday the 30th, at Fern Road Park, Riverton... cruise running down to fremantle, then up ocean road to scarborough, then inland to balcatta???

i will be there...there is nothing wrong with my car this time! *touch wood*

you will find maybe more people will attend this cruise if it was held in the afternoon, i myslef personally work saturday mornings as an apprentice just to clear $300..

I'm sure some people on here would love to come but have work commitments.

this isnt have a ding or a go at what has previously been said but i would love to come but unable as work is a little more important at this time.

  • Author
you will find maybe more people will attend this cruise if it was held in the afternoon, i myslef personally work saturday mornings as an apprentice just to clear $300..

I'm sure some people on here would love to come but have work commitments.

this isnt have a ding or a go at what has previously been said but i would love to come but unable as work is a little more important at this time.

 

 

Cheers for the imput D1doony. I'm the security guard that you saw at Hillarys, so as you can imagine, I'm limited to 'unusual' hours. Perhaps an afternoon would work better for all, myself included. The other thought i had was either a sunday afternoon/evening or an evening during the week, either monday or tuesday.

 

I'd really appreciate if anyone can imput the same as D1doony here has. The important thing with making plans is to get good communication from all parties, and then we can come to some mutual agreement that works for as many people as possible.

 

At this point in time, the cruise is on hold, awaiting further imput.

 

In the mean time, Certain members will continue hammering away at various projects, and many splendid things will be blossoming forth.

 

I've just got off a 12 hour graveyard shift... i'm going to stop rambling and just pass out now.

id like to be in on a cruise, the old ke15 would like the drive and to meet other rollas... my hours and stuff at work have settled to a nice Monday- Friday with the odd weekend shift, but i ill be there.

ill be there I'm keen to get the old ke20 out for a good cruz and have a bit of fun satday sounds good :jamie:

ill be there I'm keen to get the old ke20 out for a good cruz and have a bit of fun satday sounds good :jamie:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.