Leigh's Ke55 - 5Kze Now Stock :(

leigh

Members dont see this ad

Didn't get the chance to try and start it today. Intercooler didn't really line up with the pipes

Supplied as I don't have the custom SC mount the kit was meant to come with :( So any way

After 3 trips to town and back I finally got all the bits I needed etc Fabbed up a intercooler bracket aswell.

Plenty of clearance when the bonnet is shut now

post-861-0-54311400-1402563606_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-19626700-1402563654_thumb.jpg

Didn't get the chance to try and start it today. Intercooler didn't really line up with the pipes

Supplied as I don't have the custom SC mount the kit was meant to come with

Dude call me over the weekend and I'll talk you through how to deal with that abacus. Haha

Do you still have my number?

Will need a bit of a play, I really only spent time tuning wide open throttle. That and the huge differences in camshafts.

Edited by kickn5k

Dude call me over the weekend and I'll talk you through how to deal with that abacus. Haha

Do you still have my number?

Will need a bit of a play, I really only spent time tuning wide open throttle. That and the huge differences in camshafts.

Yeah I think I still have it Stu, I found an old manual for it aswell So i have been reading up a little on it. ;)

You going to cut a hole in your bonnet for a scoop now Leigh?

I'm back in Launy for at least a week on Sunday so if you need a hand with anything just sing out. ;)

Top mount is only temporary Si, Only want to cut holes once if the front of the car. so just smashed it up the top for the time being. Cheers mate I might get you over one night then :)

Went to start it today, had a few little issues. Leaking lift pump and then the fuel rail had a leak so needed to get a new O ring for it

Anyway it starts pretty easy but now I need to tune it etc. Sounds like it is missing but not sure if thats from the timing not being correct? Need to get my timing light back off my dad.

Edit: Think it might be an airleak causing the miss?

Video below

Edited by leigh

Have you pulled any fuel out of the tune at idle? It could even be a bit rich.

I had to set it rich at idle because of the locked dizzy and the 30deg of idle advance, otherwise she'd overheat.

It is actually fairly easy to get your head around tuning, with this ECU(if you could call it that)

If you had your own sniffer you could have it road tuned within an hour if not less.

Grats on getting it started! I do really miss this setup though.

Edited by kickn5k

I did richen it a little to get it started but, I may of gone a little far maybe. Just finished wiring in a wideband oxy sensor if thats what you mean by a sniffer? Just hope its in the correct location. So you had it at 30 degrees? Ill try and set it something similar tomorrow once i get a timing light!

Cheers for all your help aswell Stu

Edit: Just started the car quickly, (sorry neighbours) haha Wideband reads rich as at idle so I think you might be right stu, so rich its missfiring

Edited by leigh

Yeah I had it pretty close to 30. But I did have less comp and the blower cam, so your setup may not take as much timing. I'd start low and work your way into it. Probably around 10-15 and creep it up slowly.

Haha yeah sorry wideband.

Edited by kickn5k

Working on the cold start for the last few days, takes maybe 5 trys to get it to start and idle. Slowly getting there haha.

Si (Taz_rx) came around the other night and he helped get the idle pretty sweet. Cheers mate