Ke30 2Door...Almost Done

skd30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Rito guys heres the update. been back home yeasty and today so got some stuff done. pics pretty much show it....painted inside, put new wheel bearings and shock (exchanged the corolla one i got for vn wags rear shocks...should help stiffen it up). Stuck the brake lines booster and master back on ....very happy with what i got done....still waiting for brake shoes so the will go on next fortnight.

heres some pics

Another makeshift spray boot

paint008.jpg

paint007.jpg

paint009.jpg

paint010.jpg

paint012.jpg

paint015.jpg

paint011.jpg

paint017.jpg

paint018.jpg

Few more things done....Gonna stick the motor back in tomoro and start pulling the wiring through.

so i go the brakes rebuilt today, hand brake set up, pedal box in and gearbox under.

brakesunderbodyetc012.jpg

brakesunderbodyetc011.jpg

brakesunderbodyetc005.jpg

brakesunderbodyetc002.jpg

brakesunderbodyetc014.jpg

Rito got the engine in today. wrapped the loom in that plastic stuff not sure what its called but the pictures show it.

Stocked to have to motor in....might even have i running some time tomoro.

heres some pics of what it all looks like:

engine002.jpg

engine003.jpg

engine006.jpg

engine004.jpg

engine007.jpg

Tomoro ill be tidying up the wiring and gettign the electric dizzy wired up right...atm its just sitting in there not fixed anywhere, pretty much just pulled it through and plugged a few things in.

I may have missed it but what engine is that? 3K?

Yup plain old 3k. came out of a mates crashed ke30...so i knew it ran. Ive got a 4k as well but i never saw it run and was to lazy to pull it appart lol. the power difference wasnt worth the trouble.

you Sir have done, still are doing, and will continue no doubt to do an excellent job of reviving this vehicle.

absolute top marks.

cheers, scott

Cheers pmp020.

Didnt get a whole lot done today, sprayed the metal part of the dash satin black...gonna be covered with a fresh dash carpet when the cars together. also played around with the wiring a bit more....just figuring out how the elctric dizzy hooks up. Theres plenty of old threads and faq's to help me with that. I'm off to newy again for a couple of weeks so wont see anything happen till i get back, but its been a good couple of days work so its a fair chunk closer to being done.

Might organise for it to get picked up and painted while I'm away, gotta see how much i get rubbed back this arvo.....back to it now...

spotted a few cars around today.

ae86...bloke who owns bar on the hill at Newcastle uni drives this

img0187q.jpg

img0186d.jpg

saw a overrated little mazda 1300 up the street, no toyota but still....

img0191na.jpg

and had my 55 parked in an odd spot....got tucking lol

img0188e.jpg

Passed a clean ke20 and saw a overrated looking k3x wagon driving up the road...was pretty happy to see all these goodies lol

Edited by skd30

• 4 weeks later...