Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Ae70 Sprinter

Featured Replies

Updates? *Bangs fists on keyboard*

  • Author

lol, update? I haven't even stripped the T-18 yet. And ethan's bigport KE got stolen, written off and we're stripping that at my joint while the carport is clear as the 4A-C (temporary motor) conversion is just finished this week. Basically I'll show you a list of where this car sits at the moment.

 

Strip Ethan's KE70

Strip T-18

Fit above 3T into Alanna's bro's TA23

Rack and pinion conversion in cousins TA22 track car, then once proven on track do it again for the 3TGTE street car

Build the 4AGTE for the pano

Maybe start the Sprinter once all that's done, but by that time I'll probably want to build a shed first as I'm already sick of only having a carport, rotisserie + carport = fail

 

I keep the sprinter running by staring it and letting it run for 10 mins every couple weekends, but other than that it's untouched.

Oh no. not the one that you brought into work that time? was it insured? at least they didn't burn it, but still pretty rough.

You always seem to have a bit on your plate - good to see you out and about tho on the weekend. Apologies for bailing though at the end

  • 10 months later...

Are you using all the panels from the T18? as the series 2 T18''s have a different bonnet.

 

Also I hope you didn't pay too much for this machine... its missing 2 doors :)

 

Also, save your money on window rubbers, uri your window in. It wont leak after some time, and it helps prevent rust.

 

... T-Gayteen!

 

Ouch!

 

Don't be pusprised when you're not invited to my next birthday party :D

Edited by Gspec

  • Author

Plans are to go with the Series 2 T-18 front, with Series 1 bars (stripped, smoothed and painted gunmetal) front and rear. I have all the panels I need.

 

Also finished piecing together the remainder of interior that I bought from you. Big thanks to Dave (TE278U) for helping me with the remaining parts, from him I bought a black dash shell along with pillar trims, kick panels, seat belts etc...

 

Payed a "fair" price for this then it cost more to get here from Perth as I found it on carsales over there and had it sent via autotrans. Had more rust than I was expecting but everything is repairable.

 

I'll have to talk to you about the uri I guess, I was planning to go with the rubber for originality but I'll decide that when the time comes. Still not starting this project until I build a shed.

Edited by Paul

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

Did a bunch of fluid checks and got this old lady going today, off for a trip to my bro's farm where it will be stored until I'm ready to put it on the road.

 

Big thanks to Ben for following me up, taking some happy snaps and driving me home.

 

 

JDM Delight, enjoy!

 

S5003864.jpg

 

S5003865.jpg

 

S5003866.jpg

 

S5003868.jpg

 

S5003869.jpg

  • 10 months later...
  • Author

This Sprinter is for sale. I will not have the space to start building it the way I want to for some time still so I may as well let another enthusiast take over the project. Still complete and driveable on unregistered vehicle permit. Car was previously registered in WA so I think rego will be easy without need for compliance once the rust is sorted first.

 

Cheers,

Paul.

NOOOOOO!! .. keep it till i have money so i can buy it haha.. na but good luck with the sale mate and i hope it goes to a good home :y:

  • 1 year later...
  • Author

003-2.jpg

 

Bought this TE71 GT about a year ago and just recently got it club registered. This has removed pretty much most of my desire to build up this blue AE70 Sprinter (got plans to renovate home and still need to finish building my SR20 AE71) so expect to see a for sale advert up in the classifieds some time in the new year, unless somebody PM's me and organizes a purchase of this car before it's listed for the masses on all forums / carsales / ebay etc...

  • Author

Front shot of the new love :happy:

 

002-2.jpg

wow, just wow..!

and wondered why i never saw this thread, til i saw the dates..lol

DEM WHEELS!

 

datassobama.jpg

  • Author

Haha, cheers guys.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.