Dellorto Dhla40 Manifold Bolts.

mitch4397

Recently fitted 'attached' some Dellorto twin cabs to my 4k. It has larger aftermarket extractors. This is the case where bigger isn't always better! The bolts attaching the Carbs manifold to the head are extremely tight and difficult to get to....I have tried spanners (14mm) of all sorts and different ratchet extenders. The bolts are securely fitted but I'd say not as tight as they should be.

Any suggestions of tools and methods to make the situation even the slightest bit easier?

Cheers

Mitch

Members dont see this ad
where might i find a set raven? supercheap/ sprints? or somewhere more advanced like gasweld in the city?

Got 'em at work champ.

Come into Motor Traders at Norwood and ask one of the guys or speak to me (Michael) about deep sockets.

Better still, When you walk in the door, look at the tool rack on the right as we have them on there. :dance:

A mate had GT replica and it was a prick to get the extractor bolts. Eventually special bolts were fitted that had a smaller head on them (eg. 10mm bolt but with a 8mm head) to make it easier to get a spanner on them.

Personally, I went with the studs on my Rollas. Just don't make them too long as you will struggle to get the manifold off the studs before it hits the inner guard.

Yeh I might do the same.... Good idea.

Raven, you get any cheap prices on Bolts from Coventry? I paid 40 bucks for the bolts to hold my block to the engine stand from the Edwardstown store the other day...

We actually can't buy anything in from Coventry's (as stupid as that is) considering Motor Traders is part of Coventry Group Limited.

I could probably source bolts and things through Champion though and for stud kits, I can get them through ACL.

for my two cents worth,

i'd replace all bolts with allen key drive bolts. screw-4104.jpg

then get an adaptor to go from square drive to allen key. 0085473504414147354311800369997184731337.jpg

i can supply all of the bits needed.

all images are not to scale. :dance:

Edited by TE278U