Bowler

Name: Andrew

Model: 1989 LE Holden Nova SLE

Colour: Maroon

Bodykit: None - and never, ever will have one

Engine Type: 4AFC Boat Anchor

Engine Mods: K&N Filter, ripped off the stove pipe, and half the intake piping

Power: what ever is left after 366000km

Exhaust: Standard (burnt out mufflers I think)

Gearbox: Standard 5 speed manual (starting to get a little notchy)

Diff: Standard

Brakes: AE92 Levin Fronts (258mm), Discs Rear - Slotted all round, Bendix pads (HD/GCT)

Suspension: Lovell lows over koni yellow shocks in SX housings, SX front lower arms, std sx front anti-roll, SX front strut brace (gloss black)

Wheels/Tyres: SX Wheels (Black Powdercoat), "toyota" writing removed using "gentle persuasion" (a hammer), Yokohama C-Drives, 195/60

Interior: Re-trimmed in VT Berlina Velour, Custom Mount Door Pods in front, replaced all plastics, SX dash, New parcel tray - 16mm MDF

Other Mods: This is the "touring" model - installed that blue sleeping foam you used to have on school camps under the carpet in the rear, for those occaising where you're just too far away from home

Stereo: Kenwood Headdeck, Focal 6 in splits (front), Kenwood 7x10 (Rear)

Build Period: 6 yrs

Cost: If I put up a cost, you'll laugh at me

Contacts: Johno, eviltwin

Future Mods: Engine - Silvertop, w/ small turbo, or blacktop, with GZE rods, and small turbo. Exhaust, and SX/GTI rear muffler (with 2/2.25/2.5 into it) - HOORAY UP TO ENGINE!!!

20070615_00060.jpg

Stock - apart form the rear parcel tray and brake upgrade - the only shot I have of it

dsc0223ah6.jpg

Before lowering

DSC02201.jpg

Shiny new shocks and springs (Thanks Johno for your help mate)

DSC02202.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

This Doesnt show the fairly large difference in height

DSC02205.jpg

Photo on the Adjusting knob

DSC02207.jpg

Lowered 1

IMAGE_00022.jpg

Lowered 2 - note to self, buy a camera

The story

I purchased this car as my first for 2K, a bit over 4 years ago. Immediately grew to love it (originally had an XD panelvan, 3.3, man steering, 3 on the tree), so this car felt so much more together, and tighter. First mod was the interior, which had suffered a life on the farm - and after cleaning out the 3 tonnes of soil that had built up, (and excavated the $14 worth of coinage in the center console,) just drove it around stock for the first couple of years. The whole time I've had it, it's been in 2 minor accidents (and lost an argument with a skip) - the first was my failed terrorist attempt on the shell refinery in geelong (slippery night, lost it on a corner due to in-experience) where i got as far at the cyclone fence (an neatly picked the narrow gap between the 2 power poles). The second was more recently, were a BA pulled out in front of me, and I lost that one too - wrote off (ecconomic) the car - managed to salvage, fixed the front quater which bore the brunt of the collision, the front headlamp and corner lamp assembly, bumper, and replaced the steering rack - and still came out on top. About 2 years ago, I did the brake upgrade (std solid rotors and drums to vented and discs), which feels fantastic, but was lacking a little in terms of suspension control, which was sorted when I overhauled the standard suspension.

Edited by Bowler

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a "Firm Knob"....

:dance:

Hey Andrew, about time you started a project thead :y:

Looks heaps better lowered. Have you got the car airborn with your koni's yet? If you say no i will be very suprised.. lol

Keep us updated.

Roll on.. Johno

(Note to self.. gotta get koni shocks for my 82)

Damn Andrew, got Koni adjustables? :dance:

Selling them Munroe's? :y:

sorry man - gonna hang onto them jus incase i need them

QUOTE (colonel @ Sep 11 2008, 09:36 PM) *

You have a "Firm Knob"....

- Chris, you are a bad, bad man...hehe

Edited by Bowler

• 2 weeks later...

Front Swaybar in today...and i must say WOW. It's astonishing what difference it makes to how the car feels and points through corners. If ever you are doing up a standard fc, or single cam, this is a must. You'll thank me later when the front end doesn't wash wide through a corner when you enter it with a bt of enthusiasm, hehe

Edited by Bowler

I thought i was going to give you a hand with that..

shit ay, must be really good now because when we took it for a fang through the hills i thought it was good then, ha ha.

Your going to scare the crap out of me on this crusie arnt you???

All the parts were in geelong, and it was easier doing it there because I had another car at my free disposal.

I do think this thread should read... "Corolla by Design, Holden by Rebadge" :yes:

I reckon the "Corolla by Default" sums it up nicely :dance:

Edited by Bowler