Holden By Name, Corolla By Default

Bowler

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i think it needs to be lower

Given i do close to 35K in this a year, i prefer a lil bit of comfort over ball dragging. plus, go too low, and the thing will kill me in the wet - when i skid straight on into another cyclone fence :yes:

Matt - Power = work in progress...meaning I'm broke, hehe

Edited by Bowler

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, time for an update.

Finally got around to painting the strut brace they other week, so now it looks a classy gloss black.

Secondly, its at the doctors this week, to get its head checked (I would do it myself, but lack of time + lack of garage means I've got no chance). if it just needs re-shimming, I'll have it back on monday. If it needs more terminal work, soo hoping to have it back for the cruise. If not, I might have to either catch a lift, or suck up to mum to let me use her car...

Nice Nova :P.. I've actually got the corolla version of this car, Sedan and the likes. :(. I'll put pics on here eventually.

good to hear man. I get it back tomorrow - kept the original head, just got the exhaust valve on cyl 3 re-shimmed. All good for the weekend - I' stoked.

Its good to hear your car is'nt a fuel slut anymore He he, My ford is the biggest slut going round.

Ford 68 Litres fuel - 460kms

Corolla 42 Litres - 500kms

she was almost that bad before - it turns out the issue was the exhaust valves on cyl 3 weren't opening at all, so byt the end of it, it was a 3 cyl. and it was using close to 11L/100....it was pretty bad

If it wasn't for Matt's pano break down I probably wouldn't have ended up having a passenger run in this thing yesterday. I was quite impressed with the handling, I must say. Good work :yes:

Edited by Paul

If it wasn't for Matt's pano break down I probably wouldn't have ended up having a passenger run in this thing yesterday. I was quite impressed with the handling, I must say. Good work :yes:

cheers mate, apart from a numb brake pedal that one time, it felt great yesterday - really adjustable...Am quite happy with how it goes at the moment, if only for a bit more guts...

I really like this, it's making me consider a sedan, i've always been set on the hatches, but daym..

Keep up the good work bro.

Cheers mate - They're worth it - especially if u nee a place to crash :yes: but even the load area - although you can't store the higher objects, you can carry more, and it's quieter (also probably a bit stiffer, due to the brace across the rear parcel tray...

On a completely unrelated topic - where in melbourne can you get a silver top halfcut? There's a place in Sunshine, but no s/t's at the moment...

Any help would be greatly appriciated...

Cheers

Andrew