January 19, 200917 yr Author comment_309280 ok, it was my battery.... one cell was completely dead, and of the other three the highest was 11.5, new battery a voila! working well ;) Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_309287 Good cruise tonight Lesley, pity about those slow A$$es through Upper Sturt... what was the problem with Reaper? Report
January 20, 200917 yr comment_309538 ha! went to go out last night, and my car wouldn't start, clutch started it, was fine, today I went to take my MIL home and it wouldn't start, tried clutch starting it three times, no go, I've just got home and am going to investigate....I'll let you know how I go! I SWEAR my car is a hypochondriac! Hahaha, clutch starting it. i had to do that when i had my starter wire problems. This car is *** sweet, glad to hear you got your pssshhhhhtt back. Report
January 20, 200917 yr comment_309587 Leslie you will proably have fault code 10 come up now which is 'STA signal was not received until the engine exceeded 800rpm at vehicle speed 0km/h" Its just to say that it was started from something not the starter. Report
February 13, 200917 yr Author comment_318083 well, here's an update.... got my car back, and one of the exhaust manifold bolts was missing, and one of the nuts was stuffed and couldn't be tightend (i didn't know this - she was still running like a dog ... with three legs). It went into toyota specifically to check the diagnostic codes, they found a number of errors, and they fixed them, did a service, and fixed up a couple of minor issues (they had her for a week). Got a call to tell me about the exhaust manifold bolts and suggested I should take it back to the people who did the work, got her back and she was running like a dream!!!!! I called the place that did the previous work and they told me to bring it straight in. The car went in on monday, and I picked her up on Thursday PM, then I took her down to KGB Audio and they fit the new gauges, but the carbon fibre that my friend is making for me wasn't ready, so they're just sitting there....looking messy. THEN I picked the car up this morning, and took her down for her dyno tune, it was discovered that the spark plugs weren't tightened up properly, so they tightened them up and got the Fuel/Air mixtures running, set up the hi/low boost, and she's running SWEET!!!!!! I also got a wheel rotation and alignment so she's driving straight and the slight shudder is gone :dance: On monday she's going in for the front end respray :lolcry: I also investigated replacement exhaust manifolds, but I'm kinda not too sure what to do, if the turbo ever blows up (which is likely the way I drive and this is my 2nd one!) and I get my garrett turbo, then I have to have another new exhaust manifold and front part of the exhaust made up... However, (I was planning to get the exhaust done once I got the gauges)...I can get a new dump pipe and system from the cat forwards, (backwards has already been done) then it should flow better, cause currently it goes big/small/medium/big and I'd like to have it big all the way through...and that would get me better performance now, but I'm playing with "what if's" and knowing my luck it will probably happen! But for now, I'm done! Everything on my list has been done :lolcry: And I'm a happy camper :n: Report
February 16, 200917 yr Author comment_318851 so vixen is in the crash repairers.....getting a front end respray :hmm: so I'm back to driving the crapbird.... I think I may be addicted to spending money on cars..... I was driving the crapbird, it's actually a nice car, but I hate it, anyway, I was thinking, hmm I should go and get some plugs and leads and oil-filter and give it a service... then I smacked myself in the head, I'm only driving it for a week! D'oh! But it does need a service! :wink: Report
February 17, 200917 yr comment_319284 I was able to drive a Turbo Ae112 (stock) the other day at work. Wow, nice to drive. But, its such a shame that Toyota really did slap it all together.. Map sensor that low, ability to capture oil in it, Slapped together turbo pipe mounting that almost looks non-genuine, Lack of turbo to rad shield.. But, i did like the drive :wink: Report
February 17, 200917 yr comment_319292 hey les i love this car very sexual :wink: ...... you have done a great job with everything and its good to see more chicks getting there hands dirty lol well done Report
March 13, 200917 yr comment_327436 hey les, thanks for the sneek peak :y: one of the best looking rolla's ive probably ever seen keep up the good work Anthony Report
March 30, 200917 yr Author comment_332579 ok, vixie has had her unveiling at the Old Skool N New Age show (got another trophy for my swag!) so I can now post up the coveted pics of the engine bay, this has been a work in progress for the last year, and she's finally DONE!!!!! Ta Da!!!!! :wink: Report
March 30, 200917 yr comment_332582 Looks good under there Lesley, Where are the pics of you holding the cup (not interested in the cup) :wink: Report
March 30, 200917 yr Author comment_332585 ha! there aren't any of this years....only last years freaking huge toyoshow one....hmmmm here it is... Edited March 30, 200917 yr by SoulSearcher Report
March 30, 200917 yr comment_332610 holy wow, that looks SO much nicer than origional. That stock setup with the pipe running around the motor like a train line is so ugly, lol. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now