Soulsearcher's Ae112r Sportivo Turbo

SoulSearcher

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha! went to go out last night, and my car wouldn't start, clutch started it, was fine, today I went to take my MIL home and it wouldn't start, tried clutch starting it three times, no go, I've just got home and am going to investigate....I'll let you know how I go!

I SWEAR my car is a hypochondriac!

Hahaha, clutch starting it. i had to do that when i had my starter wire problems. This car is *** sweet, glad to hear you got your pssshhhhhtt back.

• 4 weeks later...

well, here's an update....

got my car back, and one of the exhaust manifold bolts was missing, and one of the nuts was stuffed and couldn't be tightend (i didn't know this - she was still running like a dog ... with three legs). It went into toyota specifically to check the diagnostic codes, they found a number of errors, and they fixed them, did a service, and fixed up a couple of minor issues (they had her for a week). Got a call to tell me about the exhaust manifold bolts and suggested I should take it back to the people who did the work, got her back and she was running like a dream!!!!! I called the place that did the previous work and they told me to bring it straight in. The car went in on monday, and I picked her up on Thursday PM, then I took her down to KGB Audio and they fit the new gauges, but the carbon fibre that my friend is making for me wasn't ready, so they're just sitting there....looking messy. THEN I picked the car up this morning, and took her down for her dyno tune, it was discovered that the spark plugs weren't tightened up properly, so they tightened them up and got the Fuel/Air mixtures running, set up the hi/low boost, and she's running SWEET!!!!!! I also got a wheel rotation and alignment so she's driving straight and the slight shudder is gone :dance: On monday she's going in for the front end respray :lolcry:

I also investigated replacement exhaust manifolds, but I'm kinda not too sure what to do, if the turbo ever blows up (which is likely the way I drive and this is my 2nd one!) and I get my garrett turbo, then I have to have another new exhaust manifold and front part of the exhaust made up...

However, (I was planning to get the exhaust done once I got the gauges)...I can get a new dump pipe and system from the cat forwards, (backwards has already been done) then it should flow better, cause currently it goes big/small/medium/big and I'd like to have it big all the way through...and that would get me better performance now, but I'm playing with "what if's" and knowing my luck it will probably happen!

But for now, I'm done! Everything on my list has been done :lolcry: And I'm a happy camper :n:

so vixen is in the crash repairers.....getting a front end respray :hmm: so I'm back to driving the crapbird....

I think I may be addicted to spending money on cars.....

I was driving the crapbird, it's actually a nice car, but I hate it, anyway, I was thinking, hmm I should go and get some plugs and leads and oil-filter and give it a service... then I smacked myself in the head, I'm only driving it for a week! D'oh!

But it does need a service! :wink:

I was able to drive a Turbo Ae112 (stock) the other day at work. Wow, nice to drive. But, its such a shame that Toyota really did slap it all together..

Map sensor that low, ability to capture oil in it, Slapped together turbo pipe mounting that almost looks non-genuine, Lack of turbo to rad shield..

But, i did like the drive :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok, vixie has had her unveiling at the Old Skool N New Age show (got another trophy for my swag!) so I can now post up the coveted pics of the engine bay, this has been a work in progress for the last year, and she's finally DONE!!!!! Ta Da!!!!!

post-1090-1238406574_thumb.jpg

post-1090-1238406626_thumb.jpg

post-1090-1238407387_thumb.jpg

post-1090-1238407449_thumb.jpg

:wink: