Are You A Ke** Owner With Awesome Tires?

rjenman

Members dont see this ad
get some good tyres on the front.

i loved it when i was running 205/50R15 toyo T1R on the front with a 13" steelie on the back.

best fun ever and the grip was sensational from those tyres.

absolutely loved them

that was on a KE70 as well hey

maybe i'll just do the fronts

i got some cheap and nasty $50 nangkangs or something. they are cheap, and nasty lol. but i don't drive hard anyway so they are perfect for my situation. i can't really comment on tyres but when i went from 13x6 to 14x7 wheels i really noticed a massive difference in the wet and the car doesnt follow bumps and grooves in the road like it used to.

interested in some swaybars now though :-)

yeah a couple of years ago my dad got me cheap, new tires for my 21st...... "thats all you need"

now it handles worse and understeers, can't even "drift in the wet" the car just goes stupid and understeers... haven't ben in emergency in the wet where i NEED to control the car and the idea scares me...

.,.. before that i i was running a different tread pattern on EACH WHEEL, which is how the car came. actually handled really well.

Edited by rjenman

• 3 weeks later...

my fave has been 195.50.15 dunlop fm901's on a 15x7" rim. pity they don't make them anymore. toyo ra1's rock! if you can afford them. otherwise bridgestone grid2 or grid3 are pretty good all round tyre. i never run anything taller than a 60 profile or it feels like the tyres will roll under the rim.. but then i guess doing 150k sideways doesn't help :yes:

196 60 14 falken rt615 semis on front, 195 60 14 falken ze912 on rear. On 8 and 9 inch rims respectively. 99% of the suspension adjustable rose jointed etc etc. Probably the best combo i could find,

it is pointless mentioning merely a brand, there will be more difference between on model in a brand, than you will find in the same market sector between different brands.

To me value for money, can't go past a pirelli dragon, if you want to spend a bit more and have some really nice feeling street tyres with uber grip, then go some re001 bridgestones, now available in 185 60 14, otherwise go a falken semi, the toyo semi wears too fast, to soggy feeling, where as the falken is a little firmer but still takes nicely to heat and doesnt become soggy.

For any pride and joy ,go for your main brands goodyear/dunlop/bridgestone/toyo and kuhmo for the front tread ! They will save ya when shit happens, they might not be the best for mileage but will do the job when they are called on....Rear tyres in the other brands (simex nankangs etc)they are good mileage tyres but they will slip and slide and can't stop for crap!!! but all fun...

i know that tyres are not cheep sometimes but whats your pride worth over afew $$$

(also i have heard that theres is a possible 15% increase in import tyres soon)

Be Safe Boyz & Roll-on