Thoughts On Sa Corolla Scene

Budowski

Hi guys just wondering what people thought on the SA corolla scene. Would love to hear some opinions.

I myself can't make it to most northern "events" and havent been out and about much since pulling the car apart.

Do we do much in adelaide compared to other states ? should i be comparing us to other states ?

Just trying to get some food for thought :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah the rolla scene in SA is ok i see a few down south were i live but not many or if u di there stock -.- but i get mad rep down south because people are like what is it "bro its a ke70 (or with my new car ae71)" they don't beleif u because i can't stand keeping cars standard no fun

haha

Hi guys just wondering what people thought on the SA corolla scene. Would love to hear some opinions.

I myself can't make it to most northern "events" and havent been out and about much since pulling the car apart.

Do we do much in adelaide compared to other states ? should i be comparing us to other states ?

Just trying to get some food for thought :)

thank you! exactly my prob. has been well over a year n a half since my last cruise and i loved it!

dw bout comparing us to other states btw.

don't need to be comparing to other states they have different laws.

i myself would like more cruizes doesn't bother where and when ill be there.

should have a cruize every first sunday of the month or something like that,

all meet at a starting point and then cruize to a destination, and who-ever

doesn't make it might be able to make it the next month. Atleast it will be

a regular event.

I'll be putting together a summer cruise during December which will include a nice leisurely hills run and then onto the drive-in at Gepps Cross for some movies.

That way there will be time to mingle as well as watch some movies and chat about it later. :cool:

Awesome, you should do that.

I'm an AE82 boy myself, and mainly spend time on the AE82OC Forum. There has definitely been an increase of Adelaide members on there.

If I'm back, or even when I'm not, any cruises posted here i will post on AE82 cause its great to see heaps of rollas out together. Pressuming you don't mind 82's with you. :P

I think the Top Gear Photography cruises are also fantastic, although the corolla presence was quite small in March.

If it is corolla cruises and meets that everyone is after, we all need to band together, Eg: Twincam, Ae82OC, Ae86DC (They have some decent cruises ive heard), and get some big attendances going.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Bugz

seriously is really slack. there is hundreds of members and all they seem to do

is talk, myles is trying to get the rollaclub together for cruises and events

but no one seems to do nothing.

PEOPLE WAKE UP AND START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

i want rolla cruises there is heaps of mad rollas out how hard is it to be at

one place together...................................................................

:wink:

Edited by MYSTIK
spelling fairy

one place together...................................................................

:wink:

really? you want a cruise you organise it. as far as i can see its a bunch of younger members that are complaining bout nothing happening here in south australia. i for one have work commitments and family commitments on most weekends, plus outside of the car clubs event that i can get time off to be involved in, which makes organising events quite hard, especially considering i work night/afternoons atm.

I'm pretty sure its the same for quite a few of the other members here.

as for myles, he was trying i'll give him credit for it. but the excuses for the cruise were hes on his L plates. so what why not wait until he has his P plate then organise the cruise that way there is more a of chance that these things can be pulled off and have a great day.

so my opinion is grow up and quit whining and do something about it.

:)

toms.AE71 i agree, and i admire myles for having a crack. Id like to organise a few southern cruises nothing flash but gotta start somewhere.

I know myles in still on his L's but i think he drove quite well on the tunned for street cruise. Maybe start small and work from there.

Raven i would love to do the movies thing can't wait :P

• 2 weeks later...

I must be a dedicated cruiser, told friday about a 4am sat morning cruise to mannum with nissansilvia.com, so finished work and got home by 630pm

Had a think about it and then at 730pm proceeded to strip out my old front struts and brakes, replaced the coils with lowered coils and shock inserts, regreased the hub bearings and new seals.

bleed whole brake systems as the brakes hoses required disconnecting from struts and replace bent RH lower control arm. Adjusted wheel alignment and RH caster rod.

Decided while car was in the air to change the oil.

Once i had finished the front end, i went to the rear and threw in some lowered springs, also had a chance to rotate the tyres and adjust the rear brakes.

clock hits 1130pm decide to go to sleep.

Alarms goes off at 3.00am leave house at 3.20am, manage to make it from morphettvale to the botanic gardens by 4am with a car wash thrown in.

Was an awesome turnout and a great cruise they even put on a bacon and egg bbq at mannum. Got back home at 8.30am.

Just thought this might be an example of why i posted this thread in the 1st place. am i over dedicated ?

thats dedication! ive been on a few drives at that time of night, its great next to no traffic. only thing to worry about is every second car is a cop car....

yeah don't you worry the cops were definately out in force but once past handorf didnt seen any must have been the cops gearing up for that bikie thing that was on.

• 2 weeks later...