Thoughts On Sa Corolla Scene

Budowski

I would love to see more cruises and promise to organise something really neat in the new year. Maybe I'm just sad but I would happily wake up at any hour of the day to see a whole bunch of neat rollas. :hmm: Raven, cruise and drive-in sounds awesome.

Thats the spirt!!!

A little off topic, but after speaking to a few people I'm starting to get the feeling there is a rift between members. Ive hardly spoken to anyone in person from rolla club maybe we need to organise a pool hall night so everyone can get the chance to let their guards down. We can all sound like funny buggers (especially me) at times over the net due to text being so impersonal.

don't get me wrong just putting it out there :lolcry:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rolla sees plenty of cruise time but rarely as part of a group event. I personally avoid the major cruises that are posted on the net as they almost always attract a strong police presence. I prefer to keep my cruises to only a handful of cars. I also have no time whatsoever for metro area cruises, If i wanna drive down a main road full of traffic lights I'll do it on the way to work. I'm looking forward to Toyoshow next year, hope to enter my car and meet alot of members then. I couldnt agree more with MYSTIK though, many people have commitments that need to come first and the 'P' plater cop bait cruises just arent my thing.

My rolla sees plenty of cruise time but rarely as part of a group event. I personally avoid the major cruises that are posted on the net as they almost always attract a strong police presence. I prefer to keep my cruises to only a handful of cars. I also have no time whatsoever for metro area cruises, If i wanna drive down a main road full of traffic lights I'll do it on the way to work. I'm looking forward to Toyoshow next year, hope to enter my car and meet alot of members then. I couldnt agree more with MYSTIK though, many people have commitments that need to come first and the 'P' plater cop bait cruises just arent my thing.

99% of the cruise's, i've been to that have been organised by a forum/group havent had any problems with police at all, mainly due to it being at most 15 cars, the only cruise i have been on that had a police presence was SCS last year, but that was because the organisers informed the police due to the large amount of cars that were attending the cruise.

Thats cool dude i guess some drivers choose not to come to 10-15 or more larger events i can relate and respect that.

I used to drive a defectable car and stayed away from such cruises but it also meant i was missing out on the social aspect.

P platers are a large part of most car forum communitys, its a thing that just cannot be ignored we were all P platers once. But usually the maturity of a driver either P plater or fully licensed it what attracts the law. I guess if your not breaking the law its not an issue.

Ive been to alot of cruises over the last 12 years the only police presence was mostly due to organisers telling police about the event as Mystik said. Burnouts and reckless attitutude to driving, such as burnouts at meet points and other annoying behaviour to the resisdents of the area is what attracts the police.

On that note i wont be informing the police of any activites, if they stumble upon a cruise posted in a forum like all the other thousands in australia then let them waste their time driving through the carpark and report back that there is nothing going on.

The Corolla Scene on here seems to be quite good from what I have seen in my limited time on here. This place is also quite chilled which I like.

There is another forum "name unmentioned" which gave me the feeling that all Corollas in Adelaide need to be whored out and owned by people with next to no money and no taste.

Thank god for this forum!!!

Anyway, I look forward to meeting some of you guys at the cruise on Sunday 29th. Hopefully there are some good rolla's on the cruise to restore my faith that Adelaide actually has some decent ones.

PS. My comments above are not meant to be inflammatory. It's just some observations I have made. This place actually seems quite chilled and I plan to spend a bit of time here and learn a bit, etc. I will put up a thread on my Nana AE71 soon once I have done some more to it. It's pretty stock at the moment, needs more Nana parts.

Hopefully there are some good rolla's on the cruise to restore my faith that Adelaide actually has some decent ones.

what do you gauge as decent?

but IMHO all the rollas that are on here are pretty good, and from what i can gather a few of the them will be going on the cruise next saturday :P

I'll be (attempting to) get a cruise together once I'm on my P's - which will probably be around christmas.

as long as it isnt the weekend(20th/21st) before christmas ill be happy because ill be at a triple birthday BBQ

Edited by MYSTIK

Yes i think i know the forum you mentioned i joined there the same time i joined here and i have 400 somthing posts here and only 89 there.

hence the friendlyness.

Good to see more people are keen to join in and organise events if we can back each other up then its simple if you build a good community people will come.

cheers lukeAE71 will see you there.

I am part of a Ute forum and also find that the cruise and meet scene is pretty quiet.

I'm definatly coming to the cruise on the 29th, just like the "show and shine" on the 16th its good to get together for once and put a face to the names on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...