Beach, Bbq & Fun Cruise - 16 November 08

JiP

Had to go through some flooded roads out the back of Burpengary/D Bay (up to 1/2 metre or more...)

NOT advisable with no air filter.....but i did get through cos it's a Rolla :lolcry:

Mrs wasn't impressed but my daughter was freaking out in the back seat..........

Edited by PHATKE20S

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Epic Day.

Trip was awesome, really good to get out and meet you guys.

2:30 pm - Little R.S Starts his corolla, the rattle noise that was getting worse all day, now sounded horrid. Fears - bottom end knock. I see the pully on the front of the crankshaft wobbling around, to the point where i was amazed that i had not fallen off. Long story short. Long story short, Key-way had worn it self out, to the point where it had self-machined it self out 1/4 around the inside shaft. See pic(s) in next post.

2:45 pm - Set off with jason in the volvo to find washers to space out crank nut, to give more pressure onto pully. Drove 15 kms up road, couldnt find any automotive places, asked at a pharmacy for directions to a car shop. Told there was one in town, were we had just come from. Back in OV, back into town. Spotted a VN commodore wrecked on the front lawn of some blokes yard.. was going to be a last resort to raid his car (lol). I spotted a construction site on the side of the road; we were gona attempt to find some washers from the vertical wall-polls, but the place was too secure. On the way out, spotted some guys ke70 in his front yard, with "ke70.com and www.rollaclub.com" all over the back of it !

I'm like - Sweeeeeeeeeeet" - went up, said "oh hey, this is kinda random, yada yada, I am Teddy from RC, this is jason and *explains ^^ to date*. Turns out, he has nothing to help us with, but insted was awesome enough to direct us to supercheap back in mooloobar. So, with our new found map & the excitement of meeting a random member of the club, straight off the street - we were back on our way again !

4:45 - Arrived at supercheap, they shut at 5 - got a pack of washers. W00t. Back into Town.

5:30 - Back at car, put crank nut back on, but washer was just rubbing part of pully. So, we got a washer off the back right shock tower, spent 15 minutes with a hand drill'in out the hole to fit. Slaped it all back on the car, w00t, it worked.

5:45 - On our way back, knocking noise from rear right is getting worse. pull over. Nut from top shock is missing. UGH!. Do you think a ke70 has another 12mm thread (14mm size head) nut ? yes, 1 other. on the other shock. UGH. Fart around for about 10 minutes, to find that because no washer was put back onto the shock top as a replacement, nut had worked its way into the rubber mount. Could we see that? No. So, put a washer on from the kit we got, and back on the road.

Traffic was a joke, Storm front was intense. See pics.

lol, I'm pooped. I got home at 9 pm.

Yes a BIG thanks again to Jon for the WELL organised day. :y:

Also thankyou for providing a BBQ Lunch out of his OWN pocket

BTW Jon is there something we should know :hmm: choice of location for eating the sausages :)

Anyone get pics of the GT40's that decided to grace us with their presence?

Those things were AWESOME to put it mildly :)

As for pic's....i think they caught us off guard. I was too busy staring at them to grab the camera :(