4k-c Ulp ?

reCOUPErator

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows if I would be able to run my 4K-C on ULP without using additives mayb a tune up some new plugs I dunno!?

Can anyone give me some advice please because they are phaseing out LRP and super around may area and SA!

thanks guys from reCOUPErator!!

Members dont see this ad

hmmm, thats gr8, if i do run on ULP it wont stuff ne thing up if i shouldnt? mite check with mechanc 1st! we had a corona which was newer than my car, it didnt run 2 well on ULP! hmm thanks 4 that will have a bit of a think!

Another qu do you think it would b worth running premium because we hav a 1983 WB holden ute V8 and we used 2 go through 2 tanks a week and on premium it uses a bit over 1 tank a week!! thanks for your help.

i fill up with PULP all the time now, unless i'm short on cash.

i think the 4K has a fraction more grunt in the mornings when its cold, and maybe a bit more pull off the lights.

wait... maybe that was because my passenger fell out... dunno.

still, i run my 4K on PULP no additives, after 20 years on leaded petrol, its fine.

i don't think fuel economy is any better tho, cos i seem to only get max of 400km to a tank (40L)

i don't think fuel economy is any better tho, cos i seem to only get max of 400km to a tank (40L)

AFAIK all ke70s came with a 50L tank, i've never heard of a 40L tank.

even my KE55 has a 50L.

Most, if not all of us here in Queensland have been happily running our cars on standard 91RON Unleaded for a long time now.

It has been about 4 years since I put LRP/Super in a car of my own.

Most Japanese engines (Including the 4K) came from factory with hardened valve seats, so you will be fine.

No additives required. Just swap over.

Ive now killed 3 engines on ULP (all cracked piston rings) and just as theyre starting to phase out LRP I decided "hrmm maybe the unleaded is killing all these piston rings..." and start my experiment. Ive stopped running ULP and only run it when nothing else is available (in small 10-20 litre quantities).

That said lots of other guys run it without a hitch....

did you change the timing to suit? if i was stingy enough to run regular ULP in my corolla, i'd be setting the timing to 5 or 6 degrees

well it wasnt standard ULP. The celica was running PULP and 15 degrees static from memory. Took all of 4 months (in my ownership) to die. I think the corolla was running about 7 degrees from a fading memory.

I run my 4K-C on regular ULP with flashlube fuel additive. Its the one on the counter of nearly every servo. Don't pay $3.50 for a 50mL bottle, go down to Autobarn and pay $16.99 for a Litre.

I reckon I notice a difference with the Flashlube, doesn't stink as much when started, just a bit more power.

Fuel economy is still shit - 400km to 44L.

My factory original tank is 45L - or so says my KE55 owners manual.

mr hardware:

your manual may be wrong mate......or you have a different 55.

proof:

Fueltank.jpg

out of this manual.

55Manual.jpg

i have gone to extremes to show you this.....cause

A. i know that i have a 50L tank

B. i know that nearly EVERY KE55 i have looked at has a 50L tank.

C. Manuals may be wrong......

so yours must be a different again......

this just shows that there may be more than one size fuel tank in ke55's

sorry if you have taken this the wrong way.....i'm only trying to help

Edited by Xany