Slo-030. Healthy Dose Of Aussie Muscle Ahoy

SLO-030

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carbs Finally here :( Muchos gracias Tom (philbey)

Stromberg 175 CD-2

post-5493-1231667260.jpg

post-5493-1231667229.jpg

post-5493-1231667205.jpg

post-5493-1231667183.jpg

Just waiting on a surge tank to pop up and thats my fuel system sorted. Yeeeewwwww

Came with a plate (pictured) that apparantly suits a K&N filter and also has a mount for the Accelerator cable.

All for the price fo a kesev starter motor :wink:

Like i said before many many thanks Tom

Edited by SLO-030

i saw an old surge tank down at the workshop today.

had 5/16 fittings for the surge tank feed and return line, 3/8 feed to the pump and a 1/4 return to the fuel tank. All push on fittings, very simple. Just push the fuel hose on and clamp.

Didnt have any mounts welded onto it, but I'm sure you could get than done easily enough. Interested?

Using electric lift and fuel pump and FPR

That didn't answer my question!!!

Dude it sounds like your spending 4x times more on a fuel setup than what you have to!!!

All you need is a regular carby low pressure pump with adequate flow. So surge tank or EFI pump, hell you (with the right pump) you could even get away with not even running a FPR!!!! :|

That didn't answer my question!!!

Dude it sounds like your spending 4x times more on a fuel setup than what you have to!!!

All you need is a regular carby low pressure pump with adequate flow. So surge tank or EFI pump, hell you (with the right pump) you could even get away with not even running a FPR!!!! :|

In this case, id rather go a little bit overboard and not skimp on things so they don't screw up. Plus id rather know the fuel system can supply more than what i need, rather than wondering if its getting enough.

Bought a Boost gauge and gauge cup yesterday, plan was to mount the gauge in the cup as per usual. but decided to mount it where the clock is mounted. so i kept the gauge cup and replaced the drift neo brand gauge with a Speco Street Series which has a black face and white markings to match the stock gauges, as not to look too suspect.

post-5493-1232078802.jpg

The only bad points for me are the face says Turbo on the new one compared to Boost on the Drift one. and that i need to mount a bulb behind the gauge.

Not that I'm really gonna need a boost gauge but since my clock doesnt work anyway, i thought why not :) Plus my $500 wage top up fromt the government came in ;) i know what thats getting spent on :y: