Slo-030. Healthy Dose Of Aussie Muscle Ahoy

SLO-030

don't bother with a 308,

Go 1jz!

Thanks for the edit mate :dance:

Engine/Gearbox and Tailshaft are out. All the wiring has been stripped and have started from scratch. I know what its like having to intergrate old and new so its all new wiring now.

Switches and relays have been wired for gauges, lights, thermos, coil and am after a 70A relay for the starter motor.

Have decided to keep the manual pedal box in the beast. I shall keep the regular braking system for the front brakes. Then hook up a PBR trailer MC to the clutch pedal and connect it to the rear brakes.

Effectivly giving me a hydraulic foot opperated "handbrake" to be able to lock up the rears. Yet still use the front brakes to pull me up like normal.

Got a price on a 253/Trimatic and 308/Trimatic coming in at 1200 and 1500 respectivly.

The guys sold me a 253 would be a better burnout engine as they rev a bit better and can really scream.

Going to run headlights and rear lights as there is the possibility of night time burnouts. And cus I reckon it looks wicked with plumes of smoke on the pad, the car isnt visible but you can see the two beams of light cutting sick in the middle of it all :hmm:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a price on a 253/Trimatic and 308/Trimatic coming in at 1200 and 1500 respectivly.

The guys sold me a 253 would be a better burnout engine as they rev a bit better and can really scream.

Definitley get the 308. 253's and 308's have the same stroke and rev just as hard plus you can't go wrong with more cubes!

A well tuned 308 will always out pull a 253, plus if you wanted to you could also go down the path of a 355 stroker and some VN Efi heads, turbo etc etc, go crazy!

Some thing along the lines of this beast

Blown Corolla

Edited by nikctime21

Definitley get the 308. 253's and 308's have the same stroke and rev just as hard plus you can't go wrong with more cubes!

253's and 308's share the same bore not the stroke.

I was talking to Rollin Along about this and comparing the 253 and 308 is like comparing the 186 and 202.

The bigger engine has more cubes but the smaller one has a shorter stroke meaning they can rev easier.

Edited by SLO-030

253's and 308's share the same bore not the stroke.

I was talking to Rollin Along about this and comparing the 253 and 308 is like comparing the 186 and 202.

The bigger engine has more cubes but the smaller one has a shorter stroke meaning they can rev easier.

Rolling Along has his facts wrong then. 253 has a 3.625" bore and the 308 has a 4.0". I have a 253 in my other car, and a 308 for a rebuild and i've researched it enough to know.

The minor difference in mass between 4 inch pistons and 3.625 inch pistons has no real effect on the revving of the engine. Its all about the condition and the parts anyway. But seeing as so many parts are interchangable between the 2 engines your better of doing mods to a 308 as it will have more effect than trying to make a powerful 253.

I'm not going for all out power. not going to mod the engine apart from possibly extrators and carb if i need them. That way if i do end up grenading and engine I'm not up for copius amounts of money to get it back the way it was.

Going by what i was told "a better reving engine" and a "better screaming engine" i automatically put it down to a shorter stroke.

hahaha, i was actually gonna go out and get some skid vids the day i got defected :P

Might have lined up a 253 and trimatic. Just waiting to hear back if the guys still selling and how much he wants.

SKIDS SKIDS SKIDS......I LOVE SKIDS......YES I DO.....SKIDS SKIDS SKIDS :P