Slo-030. Healthy Dose Of Aussie Muscle Ahoy

SLO-030

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, was an older guy in his late 40's- mid 50's. Spoke as if he was above the law.

Lets all make some fake complaints about this certain officer. just like the complaint that drew the attention of police to me in the first place.

So he proceeded to come onto your property to defect your car?

If so he stepped out of line, afaik an officer cannot come onto your property aka driveway to inspect or defect your car.

I say do the work to get it cleared, put all your shit back in, whack the supercharger on the 5K, do skids and stick it up them...

Cheers, Ben.

Ive been pursuaded to make a compliant. Yea, the thought of doing it just to stick it up them. but so far, ive had enough trouble with this one.

Pretty sure they can't go onto your property to defect a car and specially if your keys are out of the " ignition... Don't reckon that's how you spell that but owell haha.

You splelled it write :D

Ive been told that as long as it is registered its fair game. Its just not the done thing to walk into someones back yard or workshop to defect a car.

Think I'm gonna bide my time, wait for a ke38 to pop up. wont see the road till its all nice and clean, NON cop attracting.

Chuck in a Built 5K or 5KZ. 5spd. 15" steelies with trim rings. lowered to the same height as my ke30. and proceed to drive like a grandpa.........YEAH.......RIIIIIIGHT XD

So the corolla's at your shed now? Awesome. Talk to you on msn about it.

Yes, the cops aren't really allowed on your property to defect unless invited or warranted, but if you didn't tell him to get out then it's not really easy to say you didn't give him permission.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig update.

Car is pretty much a rolling shell at the mo. the interior is non-existant. just the engine, fuel tank and stuff to make it roll is left.

Car is not being sold. Will have a new life in full view of a crowd of thousands.

THE SMOKE MACHINE :) 308 or 253ci V8, 4Spd manual and a commy diff.

Seeing as the tunnel was previously filled with a trimatic a 4spd aussie box will be a good fit. and what engine bolts to an aussie 4spd? a 253 of course :).

This will see it with 2 bucket seats, harnesses. the hot new diet called the hole saw will be implimented for the interior. It will stay yellow and represent the SLO-030 plate with pride.

spewin i hate cops:( don't suppose it was a bald pommy cop? lol me n most of my mates have bin pulled over by him in an unmarked car n his called all our cars peace's of shit lucky anuf mines the only one that didnt get defected.

Pretty sure i bumped into this guy lastnight at the servo. had a chat about the legality of defecting in my driveway. and if a cop see's you driving thats enough grounds to defect you on your property.

Go 308 for sure

Depending what you want to use it for consider going auto as well. A worked 308 with a big carby is gonna be an absolute dog to drive in manual form.

My dad has a worked 351 with 4-spd Toploader in his XY and is 100% that his next project will be auto just because they are so much nicer to drive

Now I just want to see skids...

Cheers, Ben.

Go 308 for sure

Depending what you want to use it for consider going auto as well. A worked 308 with a big carby is gonna be an absolute dog to drive in manual form.

My dad has a worked 351 with 4-spd Toploader in his XY and is 100% that his next project will be auto just because they are so much nicer to drive

Now I just want to see skids...

Cheers, Ben.

I'm a manual man through and through. this will be a skid/ car show crusier. probably drop in a stock 308.

I figured, seeing as the complaint that got me defected was for doing skids......this seems like the best was to keep the spirit goin :)

Go a 350. Just for funsies :)

eddy says you should put a gen3 ls1 into her!! <-- lack of capitals = Eddy wrote it. :)

EDDY, this car will not be a her. If all goes well, it should have balls. LOTS of balls. Balls = him. not her. :)

308 in a car that should weigh in at like 850kg should be plenty funsies.

Parts are plentiful for the 350s but you can pick up a decent 308 fairly cheap these days. plus theres a shit load of hot up parts for them. Later on down the track if i wanna go EFI, i can slap on a set of VN heads and EFI intake.

meh

427 7.0-litre LS7 V8 big block FTMFW!!!

hahaha, no. Why don i just go for the 572 :fuzz:

You could always go a commonwhore v6. Cheap as, and good for laying skids. See if you can find a manual one.

A 308 does sound much nicer though. A carbed one would be much easier to initially set up than EFI from the get go.

Edited by Felix

yea, the thought of whackin in a V6 crossed my mind.

Thats the thing, V6 manuals are getting a bit thin on the ground. Plus all the asscociated efi wiring and fuel system ( yes i have most of the stuff to do the fuel system but all i wanna do is skids :)

I should be able to run a mech fuel pumped stock 308 without any fuel system mods.

The car has been stripped of all wiring so any wiring will be the bare essentials to run the engine.

anyone wanna throw me some sponsership :)

hahaha, knew you'd love the sound of this.

Got half the interior sprayed rattlecan silver. Not gonna strip out the sound deadening.

lucs gonna give the panel work a once over (hopefully)

get a diff sorted and see my mates down at Production Line and hopefully they can hook me up with a 253 or 308 (hopin for a 308 but i'll take what i can get)