The Ke30 Project Begins

lildvl83

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea its 2 different rollas. the one with the cool plates is mine and the other one is the one I'm going to buy off a friend.

(bmxsexmonkey) it could be me, depends on what day, i start work at 9 everyday except friday, so if its a friday it could be me. but if its another day it could be my friends rolla cos she lives in the area too. but that rolla has been off the road for a litlle bit cos the brakes have gone.

update with brake situation: they replaced the master cylinder with a second hand one, but didnt bleed the brakes properly, and they failed again, so i think they bled the brakes again, and still the brakes failed. so not sure whats going on there, but all i know is they arent gonna bother anymore, so i get the car :D probably gonna use hers as a panel donor cos i think it'll cost too much to fix it mechanically.

apparantly its overheating, so could be up for either getting the radiator recond or a new one (if thats the problem. cos it has no brakes I'm not really up for towing it somewhere only to find its gonna cost me a few hundred or more to fix). reckon I'm just gonna use the new one for panels and other bits a pieces and then sell it. i don't see it being anything major cos the motor has only done 140,000kms (i think, i know its round that mark).

ok, i had the first one quoted up for a full respray and got told would be 7k-8k worth of work as the white paint has to be rubbed back to the original paint and then original paint rubbed back, bog and rust removed and would probably have the removable panels replaced replaced with aftermarket ones.

price is just a wee bit more than i wanted to spend on paint, i want the whole project to cost less than that. thats why i bought the second one to use its panels.

now that i got the car home you can see the differnce 2yrs makes with the interior. (sbh is a 75, smo is a 77) like its got different t-bar and door lock knob things, i was hoping to use the doors of the new one but might have to see how hard it will be changing over the locks.

benzo: how many k's did the car have when u had it, would love to know if the cars done 160000 or 260000. still runs pretty good, didnt think it was that great till i drove this new one i bought. the first one drives heaps nicer than the new one that only has 140000.

Yeah back when I had it it had about 135,000km on it

was a very good little 3K, very slow though, and very loud

Took it to Mallala a few weeks after I bought it, had 4 people in the car and and sat on 100km/h was a real headache haha

If the body on the 2nd one is better, just use that one as a base imo. from what I remember my old one did have a bit of rust in the rhs chassis rail...and from what Cam was telling me when he had painted it he found alot of rust in the rear quarters, sills etc :jamie:

Really it wouldve been alot better left the original colour, the paint was pretty good, pretty much no rust was evident back then, not to mention that the respray was very dodgy aswell :hmm:

Cheers, Ben.

ok so likely to be 165000km. yeah its still a little slow but its not as bad as i thought it would be. its nice to be able to just cruise, i found people don't expect you to go fast, where as when i drive my new car people sit up ur arse and expect u to go faster. in the rolla every one just overtakes u.

has any one heard of vinal spray. i know you can get the stuff that rejuvenates it, but can you get stuff that can changes the colour (like spraypaint) without ruining the vinal. this new one that i picked up has an immaculate interior, like brand new. only prob is that its that brown colour, and wont go to well with the grey/pink respray. so trying to find an easy way of changing it to the same or similar colour to the first one (cream/beige)