Removing Glass

mullet

Members dont see this ad
hey there guys n girls.

just wondering if there is any special trick to removing the rear window from a ke35?? or if anyone knows a way to make it easier (besides pay someone else to do it for me:P).

cheers in advance

take the plastic chrome lock strip out of the center of the rubber all the way around the window. gently push the window out evenly, don't force one part or it will break. it should come out with the rubber intact as per the picture.

post-3388-1230033076_thumb.jpg

Remove the trims. Apply slight outward pressure to the window from the inside, and slowly prise the rubber seal off from the inside. Work your way around the window and don't try to get greedy and lever to much off.

Once you get the top out you can lift it upwards and slide it out. I did my KE30's one a few months back with no drama's.

I know the windscreen blokes use rope on some of them somehow. Never really watched closely but it made it look simple.

if its been replaced, i would guess its had the seal sikaflexed in place to stop the prick leaking, so your gonna have a carnt of a time if thats the case.

but what everyone has said is pretty well the go...

just make sure you can get a new rubber before you knife the current one