Read Me.

Redwarf

I'm posting this in the South Australian section because you guys are the ones causing 95% of the nausea I have to put up with in the classifieds area.

<LI>5.11.0 DO NOT POST UNLESS you are actually interested in buying what the seller is offering. Posts like "Nice car good luck" are rubbish. Your post may be deleted and you may be warned.

I'm REALLY tired of the continual "nice car, but I've got no money" useless posting.

Your collective habit of turning classfied threads into chat rooms is really pissing me off.

You are all officially put on notice that this is to stop. Now.

Posts will be deleted without notice, warnings issued, and for serial offenders, holidays given.

It's not hard to comply. When you give free bumps, you are inconveniencing your follow Rollaclub members by lowering their posts. Have more consideration, and treat others with the respect that you would like shown to you.

This is non-negotiable.

Don't like it? Start your own forum.

Posting is a privilege not a right.

R

Edited by Redwarf

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not all of us are bickering/arguing Rob.

Maybe you need to take it direct to the offending people, rather the generalising about everyone in SA?

I think it would be wise decision to take that approach, rather than pointing the finger at everyone. Those that are re-offending from a prior warning earlier in the year need to be dealt with in the near future via 24 hour bans.

If you put yourself in my shoes for example, I'm sure you wouldnt like it if you were being labelled as an offender when you're clearly not. :)

True, however we have a rubbish bin full of inane bickering and useless posting that predominately comes from this end of town.

As previously stated, you guys had been doing really well, with a lot of self regulation of reporting posts and trying to keep your areas clean, which actually surpassed anything the other states had been doing.

In the last month something has happened, and it's not good. People have been warned, people have been banned. I don't want to see that, really I don't. I don't like banning people. But the shear volume of what we are having to clean up ATM also means that I don't have a spare hour each night to PM people.

I have chosen this route as it is getting the message (hopefully) to the people who most need to be told.

Raven, you and a few others are stalwarts of Rollaclub, and I have the utmost respect for you (and the others)

However, SA also produces the most (by a long way) amount of nausea for the Mods. It is a sad and unfortunate fact. :)

Whilst I agree with what you are saying Red, the conduct of some sellers in SA lately leaves alot to be desired. This is why people are choosing to arc up and at times I wouldn't blame them.

It shits me to tears seeing cars advertised for sale on here for a reasonable price, being sold within a day, only to be re-advertised later that week by the new buyer for more. People take the bargains out of the world and then think because they are selling it on a forum for enthusiasts it will be suddenly worth more.

The underlying problem here is people will pay the money :bash:

I witnessed one car that was bought on here for $450 with so much rust it was like swiss cheese, then bogged and sold for $1450. The person even had a rides thread showing how crap the car was, I mean how hard is it to go through someones topics history and see how the car started. You sure as hell wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole then, although sadly some members are so desperate they probably still would.

Anyway, I digress. The only way to maturely stop the bull crap above is to not support it. You can't possibly want a car that much that you are willing to support such behaviour.

I know that I would not and have not ever promoted any profiteering on here for cars unless there is some substantial change to the part or vehicle.

Also, to the people that do this, you are robbing the forum owners so shame on you at least share some of the profit with the place that is allowing you to advertise free of charge :jamie: Otherwise I say take your business elsewhere.

Remember people, stop supporting this behaviour and it will stop. Don't post and whinge in a thread making more work for the mods.

It is funny because most of the activity relating to this is for KE70's, seriously even though I have had one they are not worth throwing good money into profit to people for :dance:

While I don't support unscrupulous selling of cars, I have to say Luke i'm a firm believer in due dilligence. If you roll in blind and buy a shitter a week later with a jacked price, you've really got no one to blame.

But I have to say, everytime I open and SA Sales thread, I end up deleting a number of posts. Could be that un-warned suspensions need enforcing?

i guess its just the type of people that join... i was there once too really young thinking my corolla was all that etc

and thinking i knew all and just made stupid posts.

suspensions is probs the only ways its gonna work if warnings aren't....

i was warned what?.... 8 months ago or so? and i'm still embarrassed that i still have that little warning next to my name.

honestly i have a corolla but i'm spending less and less time on this forum as there are fewer and fewer posts and topics worth reading.

i would like to see everyone getting along and obeying rules.... but its human nature....

if a forum member doesn't want to obey rules then are they even worth having if all they're gonna do is clutter up this forum with crap?

But just quietly,

- Have you noticed that a high percentage of the idiocy is coming from people with under 10 posts to their name?

- Is this because they are unaware of PM's or are unable to PM because they are new members. I myself have

have had to ask a questions within the thread rather than PM'ing because the new members email isn't working. (who's fault?)

- Sellers aren't posting up a clear or definite price range - haggling occurs.

- Stupid posts get stupids posts back and people get on the bagwagon... snowball effect!

I can't believe i care!

But, I know the rules are there but re-educate them... Only ban unless they are rude/uncooperative and if they post up commodores.