January 19, 200917 yr comment_308979 I Recently bought a good condition ke70 Panel Van off of Queen20v. Its a 1290 cc 4k-c with a 4sp manual. Its fun and easy to drive. Paint is in very good condition apart from under the petrol cap - This will be resprayed soon. Engine runs well but need to replace uni joints as there is a knock. I put some simmons V4's on it the other day but unfortunately they are too wide at the front. So i am on the lookout for some japanese rims. Where can i get a hold on some jap wheels? Mainly second hand stuff? or is there places in adelaide? Not much else to say. I put a bed in the back and slept in it last night. It's rad! but the morning sun isn't :yak: The only plans i have for it are to spray the patch under the petrol cap. Get some japanese rims for it. Lower it properly with good shocks/springs and put my extractors on. Anyway, here are some pictures of how it sits now. I will get some up later with the simmons on. Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_308981 Were the front too wide as in they hit the strut? If so just put adm ae86 struts in the front, Gives more clearance. Report
January 19, 200917 yr Author comment_308982 They rubbed on the front shocks. Change to adm ae86 and this will be fixed? Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_308989 Correct, then swap shells with me bacause yours appears to be much straighter than mine. Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_309011 Oh man, I miss it so much already! :yak: So glad you've given it a good home but so sad it's no longer in my driveway. Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_309012 :yak: This thing is minty fresh, wouldnt be hardly any sedans around this overrated let alone vans. Glad you're back in a overrated little Corolla.. Heard from Kim that this is really slow lol how do you find it? As for rims, hit up www.ae86drivingclub.com.au you should be able to find some good jap rims. Buddyparts has some in atm Cheers, Ben. Report
January 19, 200917 yr Author comment_309014 hah, yeah its pretty overrated :yak: Don't worry Kim. I will take care of it :y: Are you willing to let the rims go for less Kim? PM me. Thanks Benzo, Compared to my ke20 this thing goes! hah, nah its ok, i don't need nor want a fast car. rims rims! i have looked here, ke70.com, ae86dc, ebay, tradingpost... nothing... I will try buddy parts. When i get rims i will take it out and get some decent photos. cheers guys. Edited January 19, 200917 yr by smeetsy1 Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_309018 Hey Ben, yeah it was slow but runs well. We never got around to it but I reckon extractors, a really good tune and a few other tricks of the trade would see it go alot harder. I didn't care about having a quick car either, heck, I drive a 2 speed auto :loo: I must be getting old because I happily just putt around in the older cars like a granny. :yak: Will, might negotiate on the wheels... Also, you have a bonnet that I want, amongst other things. Hah hah. Nice wheels and lowered, this little baby will look sweet! Sleeping in it makes you sound as in love with it as I was/am. :y: Report
January 19, 200917 yr Author comment_309053 hah, just letting you know, i didn't sleep in it outside my house :yak: there wasn't enough beds/rooms in the house i was staying at :y: Kim, you have PM :loo: Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_309088 didn't know you got this pano smeetsy!! you'd be stoked this thing is a minta oh and as for wheels, there's a place in lonsdale that sells second hand wheels and they got a fair few that will fit a ke70. you should check them out cause they're pretty cheap too! Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_309101 dude i just got a ke70 wagon! i think its time for pano van wagon photoshoot!!! yours is much cleaner though lol Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_309115 They rubbed on the front shocks. Change to adm ae86 and this will be fixed? Yep, With mine the wheels were hard up against the struts when the ke70 ones were in it, I tried my wheels on my ae71 and it was alot better but it still rubbed, With the ae86 struts in my van there is alot of clearance. dude i just got a ke70 wagon! i think its time for pano van wagon photoshoot!!! yours is much cleaner though lol When i first got my van you never seen them (people musnt of liked them), Now they are getting around everywhere, Panelvans are the shit, Would be good to have a van photoshoot. Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_309140 don't worry about changing to AE86 struts just to run Simmons that are obviously not a very good offset Buddyparts always have a good variety of rims All this really needs to be overrated is the mentioned section resprayed, drivers seat fixed and new plates. Cheers, Ben. Report
January 20, 200917 yr comment_309367 Yep, With mine the wheels were hard up against the struts when the ke70 ones were in it, I tried my wheels on my ae71 and it was alot better but it still rubbed, With the ae86 struts in my van there is alot of clearance. When i first got my van you never seen them (people musnt of liked them), Now they are getting around everywhere, Panelvans are the shit, Would be good to have a van photoshoot. yeah i been tryign ot get one for ages, awesome car smeetsy you wont really be able to find many jap wheels at the moment due to the world market prices. its to expensive to bring over goods so importers havent really lately. something might pop up though. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now