Ke70 Panel Van.

smeetsy1

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Score,

If I had checked the net over the holidays you would have had serious competition for this purchase.. well done.

This is definitely one of the best originals I've seen.

I found that extractors and a webber will make a big difference to the standard 4k in these, not saying it'll be a race car, but it makes it a hell of a lot more drivable and it will sit comfortably on the highway at 110 without screaming its head off...

Also you can use the original radio position and brackets up in the dash to slot in a cd player, i.e. no need to have one down near the gear stick (which IMO is a pain in the arse and easy to nic)

Those cross fevers would have looked nice on it.... :P

:(

I am wanting to buy them back now :P

Just polished the bonnet with the orbital buffer... Its ok.

Goldke70, hopefully you can help me with my pano questions or just questions in general...

Whats the best weber? I don't know much about them just that there are diff sizes? like 32/36 or 42/xx ... i am not that knowledgable. What is the best one to go for? If the weber doesn't come with an adapter plate, where do i get one?

I am going to take your advice with the cd player. I've been looking over the last couple of hours where to put it. I will take your suggestion and pocket it :(

Thanks guys :D

EDIT - Also, Goldke70, where abouts did you put your speakers? Behind our seats seems like a likely spot for them? I just want some 6x9's. I don't want to cut into the door cards so i am hoping that behind the seats is a good spot.

Edited by smeetsy1

Fair amount of work to get those quads to fit right in the pano,

At the very least it'll need wagon quarter panels and maybe even a wags bonnet, then you'll have to cut the panel below the light (beaver panel?)... or alternatively you'll need to fill in the huge gaps the pano quarter ligts leave... It would look good but IMO I like the standard lights look, or go all out and get the DX square lights like stahlz_ae86 (on ke70.com) has.

Re the Cd player just don't throw away the brackets that are holding the original in there, they are the key..

I'm not really the person to ask about webbers, but my engine has had no work done to it so i just put a 32/36 on mine, guess you gotta match you webber size to you plans for the engine/etc.

As for speakers that spot behind the seats is killer, there is also room in the kicker panels if you don't want to cut the doors, I have some 5" in the kickers, they fit okay with a bit of mucking around..

:P

I am wanting to buy them back now :(

Just polished the bonnet with the orbital buffer... Its ok.

Goldke70, hopefully you can help me with my pano questions or just questions in general...

Whats the best weber? I don't know much about them just that there are diff sizes? like 32/36 or 42/xx ... i am not that knowledgable. What is the best one to go for? If the weber doesn't come with an adapter plate, where do i get one?

I am going to take your advice with the cd player. I've been looking over the last couple of hours where to put it. I will take your suggestion and pocket it :D

Thanks guys :yes:

EDIT - Also, Goldke70, where abouts did you put your speakers? Behind our seats seems like a likely spot for them? I just want some 6x9's. I don't want to cut into the door cards so i am hoping that behind the seats is a good spot.

Hey Jason,

I have those wheels but they don't fit my car. They rub on the front shocks so i have taken them back off and put it on the stockies.

Thanks for your offer/help :)

I'm going to spray my extractors black from silver - Will get pics up soon :no2:

Then its getting the universal joint/s done and put the extractors on.