January 20, 200917 yr comment_309468 Ok, I painted up a rocker cover for my 5k, and I pulled out the rubber grommet for my PCV valve and I destroyed it in the process. now I need another to go into it, but I can't seem to neatly remove the one from my other rocker cover. Any tips, or is there some alternative solution? New grommet (off the shelf) etc? Report
January 20, 200917 yr comment_309690 Ha had the same problem ,ended up binning it after painting it and makeing it look fast. ;) I would think the only way would be to try get a new one,as all the old second hand ones old brittle and rooted by now. rob Report
January 21, 200917 yr comment_309788 Nope, they're deffinately a grommet. I quickly gave up hope of trying to remove one without destroying it and polished my rocker with it in. Report
January 21, 200917 yr Author comment_310088 Hmm. too late now. I already busted it out..... and I've whacked so many coats of paint on the rocker cover there's no way I'll scrap it. I better start investigating something else..... Might just wrap the PCV in rubber and jamming it in there. Report
January 22, 200917 yr comment_310228 Well could you clamp the hose on to the tappet cover and put the pvc further up the hose :P yeah i no dodgee. Other than that stuffed if i no. rob Report
January 22, 200917 yr comment_310235 I reckon if you just measure the holes' diameter in the cover and the thickness of the metal then you could just go to repco or somewhere and find a similar one that will do the job. Id be surprised if you couldn't find one. Love diggin... :P Report
January 22, 200917 yr comment_310241 Nope, they're deffinately a grommet. I quickly gave up hope of trying to remove one without destroying it and polished my rocker with it in. Same here, that thing does not come out! :P Report
January 22, 200917 yr comment_310244 you can buy the gromet stile from toyota and it is cheap to Report
January 22, 200917 yr comment_310284 wouldn't a 7k one be the same?, if so Toyota should still make them. out of a KR42 townace Report
January 22, 200917 yr Author comment_310447 Hmm, townace one. I'll check that out. Anyone confirm the 7K has one? Report
January 22, 200917 yr comment_310468 Hmm, townace one. I'll check that out. Anyone confirm the 7K has one? :) Report
January 23, 200917 yr Author comment_310507 I'll give them a yell. Wicked. incidentally, those late model rocker covers are ugly! I found one of those cool rotor-triangle shaped toyota oil caps the other day at my mates as well! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now