Prozone Fuel Modifier

Banjo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe yeah that was funny.. they even said to run the tires at 22psi cause the poleriser makes everything run that much better the extra noise etc would be filtered out!

it was suppsoed to harminise the molecules in the car..... brock refused to allow his sig to be on any car with out it.

he went to an M3 then a sierra after that.

have you seen pics of brock in the early 70s?? he WAS a hippie!!

hehe spelling fairy cracks me up

eric's still around too

http://www.peterbrockfoundation.com.au/news_oct02.htm

i went to a "chiropractor" once. he cracked my neck and told me to come back in a week. no change in me. then he started tapping my hand and got some little potions out and put a negative ion generator on and told me i was having an alergic reaction to the world. and i never went back. if i didn't know any better, i'd say eric has changed his name and is practicing in lismore :S

What an informative 24 hours you guys have provided with this thread, that I only posted as a simple question last night about ProZone fuel modifiers.

Jamies, links to Tony's Fuel Saving Tips was a very interesting read, and resulted in extended morning & afternoon tea breaks today.

(got to be careful there. My boss is such a nastie ! Very punctual )

I have to agree with Tony's comments, that it is highly unlikely that any gismo could improve the economy or performance of a modern computer controlled motor car, with sensors & feedback loops galore, and so much spent on development.

However, the cars that you & I, love & drive, are now between 20 to 30 years old, don't all have computers, and minimal self adjusting, or feedback systems. We, the drivers are the feedback. We feel, we hear, we react.

(seen a manual choke in a new car recently)

Older cars can go out of tune easily, and are very sensitive to changes. I remember a product put out by Kliening Bros in Sydney, called a water injector that supposedly gave you the same smoother running performance you experience inexplicably on a drive on a cool dewy night when the air is heavy with moisture, and the air is denser.

The water injection also had the result that the engine was sparkingly clean inside after an eventual head removal.

My weekend drive is the family V6 Camry with the Lexus engine, which has to be one of the smoothest engine that has every powered a car I have driven. In 150,000 klms, is has performed incedibly, without a glitch or hiccup.

It's absolutely beautiful to drive, but the feeling of driving a KE55 through the seat of your pants, (Corolla seats are lengendary for your bum sitting on the floor) and hearing and feeling every little timing chain slap is a joy many now never experience.

Live on olde Corollas !

:S

• 5 months later...

Sorry to drag this post out of the past but I just received a call from my dad who had his ummm...errrr.......VS Holden Commodore serviced by the local mechanic and as he was leaving got handed a brochure about this fuel catalyst thingy. Now reading through the above post excluding all the crap about Brocky and his magic polariser :( I get the sense that most people think these things are a waste of good $$$$$$

My first response was "if these things are so wonderful why arent the factories fitting them and I wouldnt be messing with computer controlled fuel delivery etc etc" but I thought I would come to the fountain of automotive knowledge and ask the panel of experts :D :hmm: :hug:

So has there been any change in the opinion that they are a waste of dinero since April 05???????

Edited by KE30Coupe

last week we got a memo from the MTA (motor trade association) warning about people wantign these things fitted. they recomended that their members have nothgin to do with them as they have NO benifit what so ever and are more likely to cause problems than reduce fuel bills.

they are total bullshit

Heh, there was even an article in the newspaper the other day (which I suspect was sponsored in some way by Repco), talking about the high fuel prices, and how people can save money. Among the usual commonsense ways like accelerating gradually, looking ahead and minimising use of the brakes etc, someone dropped in "buy a fuel modifier from Repco, which can save up to xx% fuel by making your engine more efficient, and also reducing emissions and saving the environment", or something to that effect :D

It's interesting that thing that brocky had. I can remember seeing a documentary about electronic fire extinguishers. Pretty much you get to wires about and inch from eachother, ram 80000 volts through em at the right duty cycle and pulse and the air will ionize. The oxygen goes up and the nitrogen gets rammed at the ground putting out the fire. I wonder what this would do on the intake of your motor. :jamie:

i'd just like to say:

people should stop having such a big cry about fuel prices, they're high, quite high. but we're not paying THAT MUCH more than before.its still affordable... unless you have a lot of displacement and a lead foot. deal with it. oil is going to run out in the end anyway.

as for shopping around for the lowest price, stop it, you're a moron. its not worth the dollar you save.