Restoring Ke25 Steering Wheel

benzo

Hey guys (and girls) I have a woodgrain KE25 steering wheel that I sourced pretty cheaply for my KE20. It took me ages to find someone willing to part with one.

Its pretty good overall but...the back of the spokes are cracked, its missing two of the little circle inserts, and the wooden rim is pretty good but some of the varnish is faded.

My dad had his steering wheel for his XY done someplace interstate I pretty sure.

Anyone know of any place in Adelaide that can restore classic steering wheels? Or am I better off trying to find a overrated one?

Cheers, Ben.

Members dont see this ad
i know some guy sometimes comes into my work who restores all our old GT steering wheels and mustang steering wheels and whatnot

i'll find out for you later on today or tomorrow

Ahk yeah my dad had his GT steering wheel done and now its overrated, part was done in Sydney and some here in Adelaide

Man you will never find a overrated one, they crack casue of age and sun damage...

best restoring it...

Yeah thats what I figure, or get a few of them and swap all the good parts onto one

eg find one with overrated back, put on mine. Find another with overrated centre with all circles, fit to mine with my horn button, and varnish the rim.

Cheers, Ben.

Hey guys (and girls) I have a woodgrain KE25 steering wheel that I sourced pretty cheaply for my KE20. It took me ages to find someone willing to part with one.

Its pretty good overall but...the back of the spokes are cracked, its missing two of the little circle inserts, and the wooden rim is pretty good but some of the varnish is faded.

My dad had his steering wheel for his XY done someplace interstate I pretty sure.

Anyone know of any place in Adelaide that can restore classic steering wheels? Or am I better off trying to find a overrated one?

Cheers, Ben.

Is it wood that needs to be restored or is it plastic that looks like wood?

I have made my own wooden steering wheels before, any chance of a pic of the dammaged area.

spoke to my boss today about who he goes too for all his steering wheel needs

he said that the guy in adelaide he used to use is too expensive eg. $800 for a restoration

so now he sends them over to someone in victoria who does them for half as much

i doubt it would be that much for a corolla steering wheel though

just the fact that it says GT makes the price go through the roof