One Piece Manifold Gasket- Who Makes Them 4k

altezzaclub

the best gasket you can get is the new 5k or 7k genuine toyota, its a 3layer metal gasket, expensive tho! cheaper to buy a whole head set, you can sorta see it in the pic below.

good to see someone checking everything before slapping a new gasket in there! what did you do about non-flat head?

gasketgh8.th.jpg

Edited by Boost+k

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cleaned it all up and put it together dry. We've only used it once, and the chuff has ALMOST gone. I'll run it for a couple of days and see if I can pinpoint it, and if I have to I'll pop it off and seal around the leaking bit. I assume it will be in the middle, but a bit of RTV should fix that.

Certainly 90% better than it was!

• 2 years later...

Hey guys - in need of one of these gaskets and called up two different Bursons and they said they don't have EM30??

The closest they have is a HA055 which is a two piece that doesn't look as thick.

I then called up Repco and they said they can get them in but it will cost $20 for the part and $10 frieght with me paying up front!

Is there another place where we can get these?

Thanks

wtf?

try a different store. burson can get them in $10 if they like you

if you keep blowing exhaust gaskets on the stock manifolds buy extractors! ive done sooo many keybangers and the em30 just laughs at me

make sure you drive it for 10mins then pull over and recheck the manifold nuts/bolts for tightness.

Hey guys - in need of one of these gaskets and called up two different Bursons and they said they don't have EM30??

The closest they have is a HA055 which is a two piece that doesn't look as thick.

I then called up Repco and they said they can get them in but it will cost $20 for the part and $10 frieght with me paying up front!

Is there another place where we can get these?

Thanks

The full permaseal/durapro part number is "GSEM30D"

I bought 2 @ $26 which included the $10 courier fee autobarn charged me. Go back to bursons with that part number and see. I think I should get off my backside and see how the copper ones I'm getting cut are going.

Stu.

I had the same problem with Bursons up here in QLD. Gave them the part number and what book to look in. Fat #unt didn't even get off his chair when I went to the service counter.

He just 'waved' me over. "Don't have that in my system. Don't have that catalogue either. I can get the 2 peice ones....it'll take 3 days"

ʞ©$ɟ you guy!

AutoOne found one, but it took a week. Gasmiser Superseal HM34. Gets all sticky when it gets hot and glues itself good.

I am find it harder and harder to get anything that isn't 'stock items' out of any part suppleier these days. Lazy ʞ©$ɟers.

wtf?

try a different store. burson can get them in $10 if they like you

if you keep blowing exhaust gaskets on the stock manifolds buy extractors! ive done sooo many keybangers and the em30 just laughs at me

make sure you drive it for 10mins then pull over and recheck the manifold nuts/bolts for tightness.

Hey Evan,

Had my eyes glued on this forum for extractors but with no luck! I might check out some exhausts shops soon.

I'll just bursons another go tomorrow. Third time lucky they say

Also thanks kickn5k I quoted that number first and they said they didn't have it then went with the em30

Am I wrong saying that a 5k comes from a rolla? I'm sure they come in corollas but everyone says there is no such thing and that they are in vans which I already know.

Had my eyes glued on this forum for extractors but with no luck! I might check out some exhausts shops soon.

ive got a set of extractors on my old padock basher shitbox , if you want to but them and the exhaust off it , cost me 180 for the extractors and 300 for the exhaust you can have it for 250 if you want them ?

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150387974999063

Edited by gt-ssrolla

• 1 year later...

I walked into Bursons Browns Plains Qld, yesterday afternoon & ordered an EM30 extractor manifold gasket. The guys there rang the supplier to make sure they were in stock. 1:00pm today, the gasket arrived.

It's a Durapro brand with full P/N GSEM30D and is described as Extractor Gasket Toyota 4.

The manufacturing batch date was 20/12/2010.

Best thing was the price. $ 12.30. Don't know if that included courier charge, or not, but I don't think so. Maybe they just like me because I'm a regular there. I'm not complaining. I hate fitting those 2 piece thin ACL ones, although it is a bit easier when you fit all studs & get rid of the manifold bolts. They tend to wear the aluminium threads out in the head after a while, if you're changing the gasket regularly. Trying to obtain those narrow brass manifold nuts & heavy washers is always difficult. Finished up getting them at an engineering Nuts & Bolts place for 40c ea. Bargain ! Picked up some S.S. thick washers at Bunnings. Done !

Only thing i need now is a narrow walled 14mm socket, or get an ordinary 14mm socket turned down to make it easier to do the manifold nuts up, with a 1/2" drive extension & ratchet. It gets a bit tight in there & you are working blind.

Cheers Banjo

Extractors have gone up.. $215 when I bought them today at the local exhaust shop. Still Hurricanes, the only ones available, and still hopeless in design. The 4 ports are not in a straight line, the welds block the manifold washers... better than nothing tho'.