Extractors?

rundell

Members dont see this ad

hmm i see that maybe I'm just getting confused i should just put them on and see what i ahve to do ahha I just mean hows the inlet manifold bolt onto the extractors or do i leave that like underneath where the carby sits on the inlet manifold it bolts into the exhaust manifold what do i do about that?

Edited by rundell

When i first looked at how it all bolt's together it does look kinda confusing. When you pull it of you will notice that the intake manifold is bolted to the original exhaust manifold. just unbolt the two pieces after you have pulled them of the block. As you pull it apart it should all make more sense.

When you do come to fitting the extractors make sure that the intake manifold and the extractors bolt up tight against the block. because sometimes the intake will be bolt up tighter then the extractors (and vice versa ) leaving a gap which will eventually blow out your gasket. you'll know if you haven't fitted them correctly because a ticking noise will arise after some driving time.

Heres some pic's of two 4k engines one with extractors and one with out. this should clarify things a bit.

Without Extractors. you can see how they bolt togther.

post-7209-1233745488_thumb.jpg

With extractors. You can see how the intake manifold doesn't connect to the extractors.looks odd but works good.

post-7209-1233745675_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this helps out a bit.

ooohh Taz that does look lovely!

Measure the flange thicknesses Rundall, on exhaust and inlet. If they're the same that's fine, but my Datto extractors were thinner so I welded half-washers on the washers I used to make up the difference.

How much were the extractors?? ...and let us know what difference they make!

Yeh the pics were showing what i was gonna do just thought i was doing it wrong haha cheers for the help. would tell you how they would go but they are brothers and were gonna buy them off him but realized I'm in too much debt so maybe later on.

Edited by rundell