Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oil Oil Oil

Featured Replies

...Anyway, if its leaking on the drivers side of the motor it may be worth checking if all of your sparkplug tubes and/or O-rings aren't leaking. I've tried invane befor the fix a "tappet cover oil leak" only to discover it was actually coming from the sparkplugs.

 

New o rings.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 63.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Okay, good and bad news. Yesterday I had enough and I glues the rocker cover seal to the head. That seems to have stopped that leak. But the motor is still wet. The wetness is around the joint between the head and block, the dizzy, oil filter housing and gearbox to block joint.

 

Now we glued and made a gasket for the oil filter housing to block joint. Stuck a new o ring on the dizzy and stuck a new head gasket in. We didn't touch the fuel pump as the leak isn't from around that plus I had that repaired a while ago.

 

Am I missing anything??

Okay, good and bad news. Yesterday I had enough and I glues the rocker cover seal to the head. That seems to have stopped that leak. But the motor is still wet. The wetness is around the joint between the head and block, the dizzy, oil filter housing and gearbox to block joint.

 

Now we glued and made a gasket for the oil filter housing to block joint. Stuck a new o ring on the dizzy and stuck a new head gasket in. We didn't touch the fuel pump as the leak isn't from around that plus I had that repaired a while ago.

 

Am I missing anything??

 

I still think the head is warped.

Am I missing anything??

The bag to fit the motor in ?

We sell Polyethylene bags at work that'd be big enough to fit the whole motor and gearbox in if you get really disparate

 

lol

 

I still think the head is warped.

And that, sir, could very well be the problem then

The bag to fit the motor in ?

We sell Polyethylene bags at work that'd be big enough to fit the whole motor and gearbox in if you get really disparate

 

lol

 

 

And that, sir, could very well be the problem then

 

When I took the head to work i put the straight edge on it and even tho i couldnt get a good corner to corner reading due to carbon on the valve recess it still looked slightly off straight, When I put the head on i put wurth silicon special around external area of the lifters/pushrods (general practice with triumph motors and so on) so that the oil side has some 'better' sealing, Unfortunatly after 3 hours or so of fixing a leak Jon just wanted to go home so thats as far as we got.

Check the oil pressure switch, and the spark plug tubes, degrease and try to identify the source.

Check the oil pressure switch, and the spark plug tubes, degrease and try to identify the source.

 

What has been done:

 

New fuel pump gaskets.

New oil filter housing to block gasket.

New head gasket.

New Rocker cover gasket.

New spark plug tube o rings/seals.

New dizzy o ring.

 

Jon will probably have the car back at my house this weekend so i will chalk the block and so on.

  • Author

Oil pressure switch has been done too. I was looking at the head to block joint tonight and could see a space where I can't see the glue, it looks like a hole. Not sure if it means anything.

Edited by JiP

umm as per our convo after the dinner man have you changed your oil yet?

 

member what i told you about my old engine and how it stopped leaking after i changed oils...

 

remember to do filter too.

Yeah i changed the oil i use now. Its HPR-30.

 

How much oil is being used per week?

So the head wasn't machined when the HG was done!? :lolcry:

Did you happen to also put a straight edge over the top of it trev? Ie check the tappet cover sealing area is also flat?

 

How loose is the dip-stick? Have also seen blow-by through the dip-stick shaft that leaks in that area. Easily fixed with some leccy tape on the rubber stopper at the end.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.