1974 Ke25 (lady Brown)

punchy111

not having a booster makes for a harder pedal, mines pretty hard and doesnt have much travel (my brakes work 100%). don't expect great braking from 30+ year old brakes though.

to improve your braking (feel and ability to stop) i would recommend the above brake upgrade with a remote boost as well. Theres plenty of info in here about it, simply search

Edited by 13BT_KE20

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air in your lines. Seized front caliper.

One of those two.

Sumitomo calipers all the way up to the late KE30 are a direct bolt on affair.

Does it feel like the brakes are dragging while you're driving?

cheers for the resposne guys. but nah they done feel like they are dragging, just REALLY hard to push in!

Need to crack the bleed nipple and bleed each corner.

If you're not sure how to do it, take it to SA Brake & Clutch, speak to Joe, tell him Michael from Motor Traders sent you and get him to give it a pressure bleed.

Brakes make you stop, and if you can't stop, then don't play with them and take it to a professional.

Edited by Raven

i thought if there was air in the lines it causes the pedal to be soft/spongy and requires the pedal to be pumped a couple of times before you get any pressure. This has always been the case for me...

I had a rock hard pedal. Ended up b eing years of sludge and lack of brake fluid changes clogging up most of the line, therefore the fluid had nowhere to move, so the pedal stayed solid.

make sure you keep your distance on any cars in front of you, as maybe the seals in the brake master cylinder may have worn out reasons : wear and tear or lack of brake fluid change and avoid sudden braking!

check the vacuum hose coming from the booster it might be disconnected or a tear on the hose?thats why your getting a hard brake pedal?

Edited by drc_ke20

make sure you keep your distance on any cars in front of you, as maybe the seals in the brake master cylinder may have worn out reasons : wear and tear or lack of brake fluid change and avoid sudden braking!

check the vacuum hose coming from the booster it might be disconnected or a tear on the hose?thats why your getting a hard brake pedal?

25's don't have boosters..... or 20's for that matter, unless its been fitted aftermarket.

• 3 weeks later...