March 28, 200917 yr comment_332043 EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST Hi all, i just wanted to ask all the Rolla fans out there in Southern Queensland for any expressions of interest in a Corolla Racing Series. The Racing Series i am proposing is a Corolla series designed to be a rival to the Gemini Racing Series with a view to race with them in a two make competition. I am considering some basic parameters of Corolla eligibility, engine and gearbox combination and minimum/maximum modifications. Like the Gemini series I want this Corolla Series to be affordable by keeping the cars to a strict set of design rules. I am basing shell eligibility on Australian RWD Corolla's only excluding the AE86 (sorry its too modern, expensive and doesn't match the Gemini Series criterior) I am looking for feedback on which 4 cylinder engine and 5 speed gearbox combination are easy to get, cheap to buy and simple to fit? I'm leaning towards the 4A engine with the T50 gearbox but i'm not sure on how common and affordable the T50 RWD gearbox is? Any feed back would be appreciated? Happy Cruisin' Edited March 28, 200917 yr by clayton racing Report
March 28, 200917 yr comment_332070 4age nd t50 are the most common. though as an upgrade people run w58's and stronger diffs Travis Report
March 28, 200917 yr comment_332099 what sort of criteria does the gemini's follow ? are they allowed the imported twincam ? capacity restriction? Report
March 28, 200917 yr comment_332123 Which model corolla's? I assume mostly Ke**? I would love to do this sort of thing. Having a set engine/gearbox combination would make it alot easier for me to choose which direction i want to go in :) One possible combination could be maximum 1.6L injected class, then maximum 1.8L carby class. I don't know, just an idea. Edited March 28, 200917 yr by 08ftw Report
March 29, 200917 yr comment_332131 Make it K series engines! That'll be really cheap and I'll move to QLD just so I can participate! Report
March 29, 200917 yr comment_332147 Yea I would be a whole lot more keen if it was for K series. Report
March 29, 200917 yr comment_332149 yep k series motors a remuch cheaper to build, easy enough for most people to have a crack and as a bonus they arent that fast so theres less scary accidents... Report
March 29, 200917 yr comment_332171 i doubt rollas would be competitive running k series motors vs gemini motors... so yeah 4ag or 2tg would be closer? what criteria are the the geminis raced on? id say with 4ag and t50 it would rival the geminis pending criteria? but say if it were just corollas.... what about different classes? like factory 4ag powered open modified class or k series twincam 1600 ( 4ag / 2tg ) other (sr20/ca18/12a/13b) and forced induction puts you up a class? best idea overall is k series though if it were just rollas but they arent streetable if built for racing which means its going to be a dedicated race car not a street car and some people may not want to have an entirely separate race car? but yeah i suppose its either k series or a few different classes? certain classes would be competitive against geminis though! Edited March 29, 200917 yr by styler Report
March 29, 200917 yr comment_332172 What about 7k options? Wouldn't have much of a chance up against a sr, but its not factory or twin cam. Report
March 29, 200917 yr comment_332174 Maybe it could be set up as ke** models can only run k series engines, and only the engines that came designated in their car class, ie ke55 ke70 etc and for the people that own ae71 series they can run the 4a 4ages and 4afes etc etc, what about fwd series, they also came out with 4a series engines? would they have another separate class too? Travis Report
March 29, 200917 yr comment_332179 Sounds like another redundant racing series doomed to fail before its started. There are already other classes out there running under virtually identical rules and ideals so in my mind there's no point to diluting Australia's racing community with more classes and series. I'm not saying don't, just be prepared for it not to succeed. The QLD JDM series comes to mind. I'm not sure if it is still running but I do know they were struggling for cars on the grid and it was a very open ruled series, very very easy to comply and get racing. So they struggled for cars even running at state championship rounds with a broader scope of vehicles than you're proposing. Just my thoughts... Report
March 29, 200917 yr comment_332180 Yup. Ben has it summed up. The Key Word here is SIMPLE. All this 2TG 4AGE T50 13B - Scrap. It needs to be kept simple as. RWD Corolla's. K motor's only. K & T Box's only. Standard Banjo & Borgwarner dif's only. I can't see it happening sorry :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now