Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

About the jets on the 4k carbie, it would be best to go and buy some jet drill bits.. only up your secondary jet because if you up your primary it can flood the car easy.. just drill it out a tiny bit each time, take it for a drive then check the plugs (you wont your plugs to be a tiny bit darker then a a creamy colour), and just keep doing that until they look good.

Members dont see this ad

About the jets on the 4k carbie, it would be best to go and buy some jet drill bits.. only up your secondary jet because if you up your primary it can flood the car easy.. just drill it out a tiny bit each time, take it for a drive then check the plugs (you want your plugs to be a tiny bit darker then a a creamy colour), and just keep doing that until they look good.

Cheers Tyler. :y: That is pretty much our plan for this Carby, and if it works well, we'll do the same to The Smurf. :)

Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

• 2 weeks later...

Did some gardening today.............. And No, it wasn't with the Smurf. :(

post-8003-0-45573200-1319368090_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-18777500-1319368043_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping that we can get something done over Cup Weekend, mainly finishing the Interior Door and Panel Cards. :)

Edited by ewt

• 2 weeks later...

Who's got Leather? I'VE GOT LEATHER! :dance:

post-8003-0-05159700-1320137465_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-75631100-1320137517_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-25810000-1320137431_thumb.jpg

Fitted on the Passenger Door, but we have taken it off, so we can clean up the windows before we properly clip it in.

post-8003-0-25199900-1320137697_thumb.jpg

We rolled her out so we could open up the doors and tailgate, and so she can have a little fresh air.

post-8003-0-86449200-1320137730_thumb.jpg

Experimenting on a Free Exhaust Tip that I was given from a friend. It's just resting on the standard tip. :)

post-8003-0-97700900-1320137782_thumb.jpg

So the Door Cards are done, and Tomorrow night, we'll try and start Wrapping the Back Window Cards. :)

Photo's were again taken on Dad's N97 Mini..... Which had a Coke Can explode all over it. :lolcry:

Woz & Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

Doorcards look M.I.N.T !!

Nice score on the free zorst tip, goes well considering there's a decent amount of chrome on the KE36.

Thanks man. Edited your post for ya. ;)

We're halfway done on the Back Window/Panel Cards, just gotta do the other lot of cards, and we should be done.

Got a phone call from the VACC for an Interview at Sunbury Holden for a Pre-Apprenticeship through VCAL. The Interview at Sunbury Holden on November 15th at 11am. :)

For those who might not know what it is, VCAL is 3 or 4 days a week at school (Sunbury College) all the way to Year 12, doing 4 subjects (English, Maths, IT, and Music), 1 day a week at the Training School in Docklands, and 1 day a week in a Workshop. :D

Dad thinks that when I'm a qualified mechanic, I will fix his cars for him. :lolcry: Although I will, as a Big Thanks for his help in this Project. :)

Edited by ewt

Do your dog a favour and train it to not chase cars, or tie it up when you are pulling stunts like that in the back yard.

Be pretty sad to hurt it because you wanted to pull a skid in your back yard no?

Yes we know. It won't be happening again. :)

Edited by JJT036

Well, not much progress has happened, except for one thing.

I got Accepted into a Pre-Apprenticeship at Sunbury Holden through the VACC today. :dance:

He looked through a display folder I put together, which had in it my resume, a reference from my work-experience employer, my semester 1 school report, and a bunch of photo's I put together of Ollie from day 1 to now, and after handing the display folder back to me, he said, "You're a good kid, your school marks are good, and I like what you and your dad have done to your project car. I want to put you on for an Apprenticeship at Sunbury Holden."

I was over the moon. Couldn't have been happier. :dance:

While I was in the interview room, dad was looking around the yard for Sportwagons, mainly SV6s. :)

A massive congratulations to you Josh, you thoroughly deserve it! :y: With Ollie (read: a Corolla) as a reference of pre-existing skills, how could they not accept you? :)

I'd call it progress. :wink:

Thanks man. :)

John, the interviewer, was particularly impressed with the engine swap, and the fact that we did the body and paintwork ourselves. :yes:

I start on January 9th, and on the 16th. I'll be mainly meeting the crew, and looking around the workshop, and the routine of the shop. Then when school starts up for 2012, the VACC will allocate a day to work at Holden, and a day in the training school in Docklands. :)