Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

Members dont see this ad

woz should buy my ke36, so then you's can have one each :yes:

He's found one, and he's working on it, but he doesn't have any money at the moment to buy one, which is why we're doing a mass sell-up on here, and CT. :yes:

Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha. :lolcry:

Good find. Now he just needs to pinch those plates, and add in "036" as the numbers. :wink:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

No updates thus far yet. Just Ollie battering this weather with 2 tarps over it and Commodore Stockies holding them down.

Edited by ewt

The KE70 Shell went to Scrap today! :dance:

After the guy came, we booted down to Pinch-a-Part Campbellfield, and saw only 1 KE55, which is absolutely overrated. We grabbed the L/H Guard Hockey Stick, only 'cause it was perfect. :)

We got back, and did a little more Progress of Prepping for Paint, and also picked up a few ideas. :jamie:

We took off the Driver's Door Handle (thanks to Ryan - SLO-030, for info), and also changed over the Front Wheels, my 14" Magnums over to the KE70 Stockies. We decided to put on the Nanna-Visor, our KE35 Hubcaps (For Sale), and some Tyre Shine, to see what it COULD look like IF it was Painted Bamboo. :)

post-8003-006983100 1293605972_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow we're gonna hook into Sanding the Car back ready for the High Build Putty, and Kick the Windscreen out (not Literally). :)

Woz & Josh :cool:

Josh & Woz , She's looking good but I'll give you a tip about Painting cars , Please stop Spraying Tyre Shine on or near your car even 20-50 metres away from the Primer is too close as the Silicone in the Tyre Shine will make your Paint Job impossible to get nice IF you Cover Your Car in Silicone as the Paint WON"T stick & you'll end up with "Fisheyes" in the paint work , Primers & Putties are completely unsealed & draw Moisture & "Silicone" into them & its impossible to get it back out without stripping it back ,

Use Plenty of Wax & Grease removed & rub the crap out of it & then let it dry & do it again , Then PLEASE don't spray any more near the car or area in which you wish to paint , It'll make a difference ,

Cheers

Dave

Cheers Dave. We're gonna cover up the Wheels when we paint the car, and when we apply Tyreshine next time, it'll be AFTER painting. :)

But for the moment, Ollie is on hold. Dad's using up all his time after work to get The Smurf back on the road.

I got myself 2 things today. :)

1) A 20L DRUM OF ACRYLIC THINNERS. :dance:

2) An Intercooler from a Diesel Toyota. :D

We went to Coburg Auto Paints on Sydney Rd this morning, and walked out with a 20L of really good Acrylic Thinners for a bargain. :)

We then went up to Clarkefield Motor Wreckers to look for some stuff for the Smurf, and we walked out with a Toyota Diesel Intercooler, and a job offer for Josh for holiday work. :dance:

So got home, and took some pics of the 'cooler. :)

post-8003-051870200 1295676309_thumb.jpg

post-8003-056016500 1295676667_thumb.jpg

Plans are to Top-Mount the 'cooler for a Sleeper look so no-one would ever suspect it's boosted with a SC12 -- after my P's, that is. :D

But before I go ahead and plan it too far, would I actually be able to RUN the Intercooler on the 4K-(soon to be EFI), being a Diesel Intercooler? Advice would be appreciated. :)

it shouldn't matter what intercooler it is beacuse technically they only run air through them, obviously you understand how they work???? :yes:

Either way a cooler will aid a boosted motor so much better than one with none at all!!!!!!

I haven't passed through here for a while Josh! Astounding work getting this far guys. Hopefully the painting goes really well for you. Who's going to be your chief painter?

Soon after I move into my next house, I will be starting prep work for my ke30 2-door. Hopefully I finish before ollie's done!! :)

Read through the entire thread, took some time but well worth it to see the progress made over time :)

Hats off to you and your dad for gettin all this work done yourselves. What I would do to have the space to take Pinnerz off the road and get stuck into her :glare:

Can't wait to see some paint get down on the panels and you actually driving it :P

Love the thread and car, and am keen to see the progress

Chris :jamie: