Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

Thanks Guys.

I personally like the look as well. If I kept it, I would get myself some Whitewalls, Chrome Rim Trims, and SLAP IT on the Ground. :D

It'd look even better when I apply my Paint I got on Boxing Day. It'll be the Shiniest KE36 in Victoria. :)

Josh :cool:

Members dont see this ad

So today we did some more progress, Paint side of things, and RWC side of things.

We lightly sanded the Car in some Panels just for a little more prepping for Paint. Maybe on NYE, we'll give the Car the Full Monty. :)

We kicked the Windscreen out, and Turns out the Rubbers were stuffed. And so we considered getting our New Rubber from the White Ke55 in Pinch-a-Part. We got there, inspected the Windscreen Rubber on it..... BRAND NEW !!! :dance: We also grabbed the Windscreen Trims, and the Corner Clips, and the L/H A-Pillar Trim. :dance:

We opened up the Bonnet hoping that the Brand New Welsh Plugs were still there..... Gone! :(

So payed for the Items, walked out, and Dad goes up to a Guy in his XE Falcon asking him what Parts he needed (now that Dad works for SSS Auto Parts), and got yakking to him, and he saw the bits we had in our hands, and said to us: "I've got 2 1979 Corolla's at my house; 1 Auto and Clean, the Other Manual and Rusted." We took serious consideration to what he said, and asked him what he wanted for them. He said that it'd be better off if we inspected it ourselves. So that's what we're gonna do First thing in the Morning. :D

We got home and hooked into Ollie. We changed the Front Brake Discs and Calipers from the Stock ones (For Sale), to the KE70 Girlock Discs and Pads, Bleed them, and snapped up some photos.

We then decided to clean up the Cargo, 'cause it started looking like anyone's Storage / Spare Room. Did that, chucked on the Front Wheels, put on the Hubcaps, and Tyre-Shine, drove it out, and Took some pics.

Windscreen out:

post-8003-069646900 1293691137_thumb.jpg

Front Wheels off:

post-8003-008332500 1293691518_thumb.jpg post-8003-045956200 1293691544_thumb.jpg

Front Brakes before:

post-8003-035280000 1293691600_thumb.jpg

Front Brakes after:

post-8003-005415200 1293691675_thumb.jpg post-8003-015325800 1293691736_thumb.jpg

Ollie with Dad in it:

post-8003-079631900 1293691853_thumb.jpg

Woz & Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

Great work Josh, the ball is now rolling! I went with dad to pick a part for a browse and saw that 55'. You could see the fresh glue that was from that window rubber, and of course the a pillar plastics were gone.

I read the owner book that was on the passenger seat, and the dealer delivery date to A.M.I Toyota was 29/12/1980. It just made it to 30!

I don't know who the panelvan suits more, you or Woz!

Hahaha. Thanks Mick and Ben.

Wow! Dad saw that book as well. Shame it spent it's 30th Birthday in a place it shouldn't have been... :(

Did you roll up in a K-Sev-Based Corona with the Windows Down and Locked doors? :lolcry:

It's MY Panelvan for Sure! Not his. :P

Hope you's all have had a Great New Year so far. :)

No updates as of yet, but just wanted to put up a Photoshopped Pic of what the Van COULD look like, Slammed and Whitewalled - Courtesy of Reed. ;)

Reed said himself that to see this properly, you'll need to Squint. :happy:

post-8003-097905400 1294137795_thumb.jpg

No updates thus far yet. :(

Yesterday, we started her up to move it back so Dad could wash his Ute (still for sale), and so I tried to move it back, but No Guts in the Motor. So Dad hopped in (being experienced in these Rolla engines), and also tried to move it back. So he put the foot down to regain the Power in the 4K... "Bwhrommmm ..*putput*.. wrommmm.. BANG!" Misfire! So he tried again, only this time it was louder. I nearly went deaf! :lolcry:

After each the Misfires, Big Black Balls of Smoke come out of the Exhaust Pipe. We've estimated that now she only runs on 2 Cylinders, and produces 5kw. :lolcry:

So the KE70 4K is a must to drop in, and I've said to dad that the Car is not to be started again until the new 4K is in. :)

We've already discovered that the Bottom End has a Serious Knock when you start it up and warm it up, but what else could cause this?