Rally Rolla

kur|y

Yeh my dads gettin I'm gettin the full info on it tomorrow but a couple of years back it used to be they supply you with a fully setup car for only $500..

I have been the passenger in them racers for too long ><

So i was talking to a guy at work today and were gonna split the money and take turns as you need a passenger :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*gasp*

Don't let Datgirl hear you say that, she used to own one of them!

ask datgirl if there was a KE70 in front of her at the last rally?? :sad:

i think there was. :)

my advice is find another sport. the entry fee alone is enough to put most people off.

for the last rally it was about $450 and for rally queensland it's $900.

do 15-20 rallys and there's 10 grand.

Edited by TRD ke70

Yeh i think i might stay with the cheaper motor sport :P

I still wanna do a lil project over a couple of years though maybey a ke70 after watching TRD ke70mans vidz i thought hmmm..

Man your a good driver !!! i will try be that good one day after years of practise ><

Yes, rallying is certainly NOT cheap. However, you could buy Dino (that 1600 I previously owned, much love for it) for $4K and do some really fun and relatively cheap things in it such as autocross and khanacross in the dirt.

I have been in one of those Sigma races and they are INSANE. I was lucky (!!) enough to be passenger in one of the races but absolutely refused to get into the drivers seat. In *my* opinion, while you'd only spend $500 on a turn key package, it's bloody rough. Ie, there is LOTS of crashing (they do it on purpose) and you're not even required to have anything more than a lap sash. I personally believe its quite dodgy and only designed to try and suck you into spending the major $$$$ investing in a litre sprint car or something.

I know I'm biased, but my opinion is to buy a cheap thrasher like a 1600 ( :P ), muck about in motorkhanas, khanacrosses, autocrosses and the like and then, if you feel the need, take it up a notch to the more expensive rallying end of town. Actually, you could get into rally navigating so that you get a real feel for the arena and you know what you're really in for!!!

good luck (and I hope you choose a Datsun!)

I agree - it's great to see how many Toyotas have won ARCs in the last few years as opposed to WRXs. It is also grand to note that Corollas are currently winning the ARC again!! And I love how Toyota have a strong presence in the WRC also

NOT!!