Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rally Rolla

Featured Replies

  • Author

Yeh my dads gettin I'm gettin the full info on it tomorrow but a couple of years back it used to be they supply you with a fully setup car for only $500..

 

I have been the passenger in them racers for too long ><

 

So i was talking to a guy at work today and were gonna split the money and take turns as you need a passenger :)

  • Replies 51
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good on you :) nice cheap intro into amateur motorsport. have heaps of fun and let us know how you go! :D

*gasp*

 

Don't let Datgirl hear you say that, she used to own one of them!

ask datgirl if there was a KE70 in front of her at the last rally?? :sad:

 

i think there was. :)

 

my advice is find another sport. the entry fee alone is enough to put most people off.

for the last rally it was about $450 and for rally queensland it's $900.

 

do 15-20 rallys and there's 10 grand.

Edited by TRD ke70

  • Author

Yeh i think i might stay with the cheaper motor sport :P

 

I still wanna do a lil project over a couple of years though maybey a ke70 after watching TRD ke70mans vidz i thought hmmm..

 

Man your a good driver !!! i will try be that good one day after years of practise ><

Yes, rallying is certainly NOT cheap. However, you could buy Dino (that 1600 I previously owned, much love for it) for $4K and do some really fun and relatively cheap things in it such as autocross and khanacross in the dirt.

 

I have been in one of those Sigma races and they are INSANE. I was lucky (!!) enough to be passenger in one of the races but absolutely refused to get into the drivers seat. In *my* opinion, while you'd only spend $500 on a turn key package, it's bloody rough. Ie, there is LOTS of crashing (they do it on purpose) and you're not even required to have anything more than a lap sash. I personally believe its quite dodgy and only designed to try and suck you into spending the major $$$$ investing in a litre sprint car or something.

 

I know I'm biased, but my opinion is to buy a cheap thrasher like a 1600 ( :P ), muck about in motorkhanas, khanacrosses, autocrosses and the like and then, if you feel the need, take it up a notch to the more expensive rallying end of town. Actually, you could get into rally navigating so that you get a real feel for the arena and you know what you're really in for!!!

 

good luck (and I hope you choose a Datsun!)

good luck (and I hope you choose a Datsun!)

Mel's scared of KE 70's, :P they can even bet Subaru's. :Þ

Breaking down WRXs don't count

i have raced and beaten wrxs... around twisty low speed sections of road :P handling powah! :)

I agree - it's great to see how many Toyotas have won ARCs in the last few years as opposed to WRXs. It is also grand to note that Corollas are currently winning the ARC again!! And I love how Toyota have a strong presence in the WRC also

 

NOT!!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.