Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Want Bigger Than 4a-gze

Featured Replies

 

lol

 

I did wonder what that link would go to :D

 

At the end of the day you are best to stick with a 4A in a KE as it is the easiest conversion ever, plenty of parts available and if it is stock NA you can't get into too much trouble

  • Replies 54
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Considering it has a rev-limiter, it's next to impossible to valve-boune it unless you downshift too early.

haha sorry I'm thinking a bit oldschool

what i meant to say is i've never bounced the rev-limiter

  • Author

Thanks for that mitch4397 lol, but i think i will stick my Astra ay. I just need to get my P's so i can get a bit of experience, at the moment Mum and Dad whine like caterpillars when i turn a corner to fast etc... I just need to get some new tires and a new windscreen. I just wish it didn't have so much rust, otherwise i would respray it, chuck some better suspension on it and get an exhaust system on it, but ohh well.

 

I also have a new question. So far, i've seen 2 different model KE70's. One with simple square lights and another with VK sorta lights. What year are the 2 different models? And what are some of the differences?

 

By the way, i appreciate you all looking out for me =] And i guess i should just stick with a 4 for a little while.

 

Thanks

early model has the square ones that are recessed sorta thing, later model and ae71 has the flat slanted ones.

changes 83 ish

All AE71's have the slanted front but the later model KE70's have them as well.

LOL Dad bought it for me... Just to learn to drive in. I made a little list of things i want to do and the prices, it shouldn't be to much money... Hoping around 5-6 grand. But that's just the basic stuff, idk half the stuff. Like i saw some guy getting Falcon suspension and fitting it to a Corolla or something along those lines. That's why i joined this forum, for help =D

 

Does a KE70 handle well and is it underpowered?

 

Now double it, then a bit extra if you want to do it legally.

 

When I first joined this forum I was a little blurry on cars and motors etc. but even after being on here for approx 6 months I've learned quite a lot

about my car and how they work etc. I haven't learned everything I'd like to - in fact I have barely scratched the surface!

If I were you I'd learn a bit more about what is out there, what it does and how much etc. it can't really be answered on an internet forum in 15 minutes. There is

a lot to think about as engine conversions aren't cheap. Good luck!

 

ps. 4age's may be small, but they are definitely not weak. They're one of the punchiest 4 cyl motors out!

 

EDIT: You say 4agze's are weak? This just gave me a hard-on :D

 

4agze 0-100 in MR2

 

 

Alot of people have been VERRY surprised about the gze in my aw11 and its only had a little more then the basic mods done.

the main thing you have to remember.

POWER to WEIGHT ratio.

 

in a kesev even 120kw atw will make the car go about as quick as most cars on the rd.

i would believe that the car would have a better ratio than even brand new clubsports etc. wrx etc.

on the rd you just don't need it.

 

this is just an opinion but anything over 130kw atw in a sub 900kg car is silly and not really 'driveable'.

it would be the sorta car you couldn't hammer around twisty rds etc without having to be very very careful.

the main thing you have to remember.

POWER to WEIGHT ratio.

 

in a kesev even 120kw atw will make the car go about as quick as most cars on the rd.

i would believe that the car would have a better ratio than even brand new clubsports etc. wrx etc.

on the rd you just don't need it.

 

this is just an opinion but anything over 130kw atw in a sub 900kg car is silly and not really 'driveable'.

it would be the sorta car you couldn't hammer around twisty rds etc without having to be very very careful.

 

 

Back when i was young and stupid i was sitting at a set of lights next to a guy in a brand new caprice, he was laughing at the mr2. A few sets of lights later the guy was basicly crying cos the little car flooged his big v8. :y:

Maybe something like this vg30dett with 3.3l stroker kit, twin hks turbos, twin water to air intercoolers, its in a ke70

post-4088-1242293927_thumb.jpg

^^^ why comes to mind for that.

So many more engines that would have cost less for fabrication and purchases that would have put out the same power with less weight.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.