I Want Bigger Than 4a-gze

Hey guys

I'm new to RollaClub. My name is Michael, I'm 16 and i love Corollas lol. I have a lot of questions. Some of them are slowly getting eliminated as i search through older topics... But there are a few questions i have, because I'm no mechanic and pretty much have no idea about half the stuff i read on these forums...

First of all, is there any possible way to fit a 2JZ-GE/GTE in a KE70? If not, i don't really want a 4A-GE/GZE... So is there any other 6 cylinders anyone can recommend? Maybe a 7M-GE/GTE? 5M-GE...? Maybe another manufacturer... Or is it actually better to just go 4A-GE...?

Also, how much money are we talking for a 4A-GE conversion...? I read it will cost a bit, but it never mentioned how much...

I look forward to cruising with the SA boys in a few months =D Need P's...

Ohhh and is anyone in SA selling a KE70 by any chance?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dowsett

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2jz wont fit unless u go crazy on ur firewall a 1ggte will fit just but 4age/gze/gte is ya best option, the conversion has been done a million times and is well documented its alot easyer then custom fabbing everything urself.

why do you want a 2jz or a 6 cyl?

Here's a combination you might want to look at...

Take an AE71 (KE70 with 4A-C and a T50 box.) take a 3TGTEU and bolt it in for an instant 160hp.

Take car now known as TE71 GT (thought i'd throw in an idea for custom plates?) and try to avoid putting yourself into a wall.

Actually, provided you aren't a retard on the road and don't try to find your the car's boundaries (or your own) unless you're on the track, you should be safe enough...

That said, the more professional training you get, the better, and safer you'll be as a young driver.

Oh, hang on... is SA allowed turbo cars on their P plates???

SA doesnt have any P plate laws.....Hallelujah.

Just get used to driving with the 4K first. even a 1300 can get you into more trouble than you can handle. let alone a 2000/2500/3000cc 6 cyl.

Edited by SLO-030

maybe a 3S-GE or 3S-GTE conversion is a little bit more realistic - BEAMS motor would be a bloody hoot!!

but more realistically i think you should actually get some on-road experience for a couple years before killing us all with mighty powah

maybe do the simple 4AGE conversion first, and then step on up to a 3S-GTE a couple years down the track, if you havent pranged it and still think it a good idea (which will be some big work anyway)

i don't want to sound condescending but i think it really takes a good prang or two before you come to realise that you're not so "invincible"

I have as much money as i need. I hope to join the Navy and they pay quite well, so all my money will go into my car. Lolol and i have a car already........ 1987 Holden Astra 1.6 litre... It's slow as a wet wig. And i'm pretty sure a 4K will be slower?

And i'm not going to be a idiot in my first year of driving... I was hoping to go to Mallala and get some experiene when i was on my P's...

But yeh, i didn't plan on doing the conversion until late next year maybe... Now i'm thinking of buying a KE10 and drpping a 4A-GE into that and then getting a KE70 and putting a 1GGTE is it?

Anyhoo thanks for your concern and advice lol

=D

Wrong answer.

Believe me when I tell you that you need a budget. Believe me when I tell you that you won't have as much money as you think, nor time to do it in.

You need to find a car that handles and is underpowered and learn to drive. Day to day, and on the track and on any and all courses you can do. You'll be a far better driver than if you go the "I need more Horsepower" route. In your first twelve months of driving, horsepower should be at the end of your list of things to do.

Oh, and don't bugger up a good 10 by putting a 4ag in it. They're getting hard to come by. and so are parts, and suspension takes a fair bit to sort.

LOL Dad bought it for me... Just to learn to drive in. I made a little list of things i want to do and the prices, it shouldn't be to much money... Hoping around 5-6 grand. But that's just the basic stuff, idk half the stuff. Like i saw some guy getting Falcon suspension and fitting it to a Corolla or something along those lines. That's why i joined this forum, for help =D

Does a KE70 handle well and is it underpowered?

Edited by Dowsett

the Ke70 handles quite well and has the potential to handle very well with relatively basic mods, But

with the additional weight of a six cylinder hanging over the front axle line it would take considerable

effort to get the handling good

yes that is a stupid question lmao nah but serrious they are a slow car stock YES but i have raced commys and s*$t and they couldnt keep up with me around corners only straght lines so yeah they handel great is what I'm trying to say :P:):hmm::):):):(:) and take on dirt roads to to lern how to react to your car