I Want Bigger Than 4a-gze

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that mitch4397 lol, but i think i will stick my Astra ay. I just need to get my P's so i can get a bit of experience, at the moment Mum and Dad whine like caterpillars when i turn a corner to fast etc... I just need to get some new tires and a new windscreen. I just wish it didn't have so much rust, otherwise i would respray it, chuck some better suspension on it and get an exhaust system on it, but ohh well.

I also have a new question. So far, i've seen 2 different model KE70's. One with simple square lights and another with VK sorta lights. What year are the 2 different models? And what are some of the differences?

By the way, i appreciate you all looking out for me =] And i guess i should just stick with a 4 for a little while.

Thanks

LOL Dad bought it for me... Just to learn to drive in. I made a little list of things i want to do and the prices, it shouldn't be to much money... Hoping around 5-6 grand. But that's just the basic stuff, idk half the stuff. Like i saw some guy getting Falcon suspension and fitting it to a Corolla or something along those lines. That's why i joined this forum, for help =D

Does a KE70 handle well and is it underpowered?

Now double it, then a bit extra if you want to do it legally.

When I first joined this forum I was a little blurry on cars and motors etc. but even after being on here for approx 6 months I've learned quite a lot

about my car and how they work etc. I haven't learned everything I'd like to - in fact I have barely scratched the surface!

If I were you I'd learn a bit more about what is out there, what it does and how much etc. it can't really be answered on an internet forum in 15 minutes. There is

a lot to think about as engine conversions aren't cheap. Good luck!

ps. 4age's may be small, but they are definitely not weak. They're one of the punchiest 4 cyl motors out!

EDIT: You say 4agze's are weak? This just gave me a hard-on :D

4agze 0-100 in MR2

Alot of people have been VERRY surprised about the gze in my aw11 and its only had a little more then the basic mods done.

the main thing you have to remember.

POWER to WEIGHT ratio.

in a kesev even 120kw atw will make the car go about as quick as most cars on the rd.

i would believe that the car would have a better ratio than even brand new clubsports etc. wrx etc.

on the rd you just don't need it.

this is just an opinion but anything over 130kw atw in a sub 900kg car is silly and not really 'driveable'.

it would be the sorta car you couldn't hammer around twisty rds etc without having to be very very careful.

the main thing you have to remember.

POWER to WEIGHT ratio.

in a kesev even 120kw atw will make the car go about as quick as most cars on the rd.

i would believe that the car would have a better ratio than even brand new clubsports etc. wrx etc.

on the rd you just don't need it.

this is just an opinion but anything over 130kw atw in a sub 900kg car is silly and not really 'driveable'.

it would be the sorta car you couldn't hammer around twisty rds etc without having to be very very careful.

Back when i was young and stupid i was sitting at a set of lights next to a guy in a brand new caprice, he was laughing at the mr2. A few sets of lights later the guy was basicly crying cos the little car flooged his big v8. :y: