Attention In Your Corolla

RA28GT

i know this is a corolla forum, but seriously, no corolla has the attention grabbing power of an RA28.... except maybe a TE27, maybe.

This comment has got me thinking. Ive driven both two beautiful RA28's, and and very nice KE20, and i think this comment is total bullshit, i did get a huge amount of positive attention with my celicas but with my KE20's i have gotten even more, back when i used to work at a service station i had minimum 5 or 6 people a day have a positive comment about my car and some regulars came in all the time and talked about if for 10 odd minutes while i served other customers.

No offense to the witzl but he can't really make the comment when he was comparing hes RA28 which as he put is far from presentable, not a good example at all really.

RA28-forsale-002.jpg

So my question to you, does your corolla attract positive (not negative) attention where ever you go? I know mine does.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do like the celicas. But damn Troy, your car is proof that corollas get the attention.

I mean, I was late back from lunch cus i was too busy trying to catch up and get along side you on Port Rd that day :P

early corolla's only grab my attn cos it's always nice to see them out and about. i'd say i spot one (KE1x-KE2x) everytime i leave the house, and probably 4-5 KE3x-KE5x's. xA2x celica's are very few and far between on the roads, i'm lucky to see one a month :P

the fact that i rarely see any ta/ra celica's around means they grab my attn alot more. and you can always be sure it's a dedicated owner, not just any run-of-the-mill person driving it. i've yet to see a xA2x being used (or looking as bad as) like a KE3x-KE5x does with damage/poor maintenance/ruined interior.

while i'm sure my car grabs a bit of attn, it's safe to say people hear it and just think "he's got a loud exaust, what a wanker".....where-as if it were an early celica making the same noise, they be going "man, that car sounds awesome" because they look like they should be making such noise!

the other way i look at it is this:

grandpa (KE) vs grandson (TA/RA)

old faithful weekday vs playful weekender

i'll let you all think about that...

dF

A few occasions when I have taken my minty senior spec ke70 out I have recieved offers to sell the car, to this young guy and his mates, I don't know what he would have offered me as I firmly declined his offer, but he couldn't speak highly enough of the car. And another occasion when I was at the servo, an older man paid a complement to me about the car saying how original it was... Then in between while driving or stationary at the lights, people will always look at the car and smile.

Agrred, I get a lot aswell.

when i saw your car for the first time, it made me actually like the shape of a 30. hadnt ever really considered them before.

i get plenty of posititve attention in my car. especially when theres a loud scraping noise from when i go over speed bumps in parking lots haha

early corolla's only grab my attn cos it's always nice to see them out and about. i'd say i spot one (KE1x-KE2x) everytime i leave the house, and probably 4-5 KE3x-KE5x's. xA2x celica's are very few and far between on the roads, i'm lucky to see one a month :P

the fact that i rarely see any ta/ra celica's around means they grab my attn alot more. and you can always be sure it's a dedicated owner, not just any run-of-the-mill person driving it. i've yet to see a xA2x being used (or looking as bad as) like a KE3x-KE5x does with damage/poor maintenance/ruined interior.

while i'm sure my car grabs a bit of attn, it's safe to say people hear it and just think "he's got a loud exaust, what a wanker".....where-as if it were an early celica making the same noise, they be going "man, that car sounds awesome" because they look like they should be making such noise!

the other way i look at it is this:

grandpa (KE) vs grandson (TA/RA)

old faithful weekday vs playful weekender

i'll let you all think about that...

dF

You see a ke1x or a ke2x every time you leave the house? I rarely see one ever, maybe 1 a week tops. I see TA22 heading around every single day, on the other hand an RA28 is probally a little rarer then a ke20.

ha! Yesterday I was takikng short cut through town and was going down rundle street, I was behaving myself, and a TABLE full of guys tracked my progress up the street and when I drove past them one of them pointed and all five of them turned their heads as I went past. I looked in my rear vision mirror and they were still checking out the car... I had a moment of panic...maybe somethings fallen off! then reverted to "ohhh yeaaahhhh" vixie's still got it :P

I have to say that all of my KE20's have got alot of attention.

When I had my first white KE20 in Bay to Birdwood in 2007 I had people coming up to me all day to have a chat about it. Ranging from 16 years old to about 80 years old.

My current KE20 always gets alot of attention when I take it out. Last time I went for a cruise in her I got pulled into a rbt station, and the cop wanted to have a really good look at it. His parents had one when he was growing up and he was amazed at how good condition mine was. He was lovin the granny style too lol

I also get waves, thumbs up etc from anyone

That said I think that KE30/KE55+ don't get much positive attention, and they don't deserve it haha

KE10-20 is where its at

Cheers, Ben.