Suspension... Everyone Has Already Asked!

tbo92

Members dont see this ad

ive seached numerous times and couldnt find JACK SHITT,

well theres no point going to the wreckers, pulling out the control arms, removing my control arms and then fitting the WRONG LCA and getting 238974598237539457834654375r94357349054358435 degrees of negative/horizontal/upside down camber?????????

i sure wouldnt be happy

i WANT to be sure i get the right control arms

Edited by Evan G

ive seached numerous times and couldnt find JACK SHITT,

Well, given that I banged "sigma arms" into the search engine above and came up with the appropriate answer in less time it took you to type your post, you need to get better research skillz. Just under two pages of info I got for that. I also know that at least one page sets out in clear terms your answer.

Here, let me help you again: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?a...lite=sigma+arms

Or, do you not own a tape measure? Measure your LCA's, measure early and late Sigmas, do some math (they do still teach that don't they?). It's one of the ways normal people do things. Or are you not welcome at the wreckers as you've "laughed in their face" as well?

Edited by Redwarf

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i have readthis thread but still want some help

I Have a ke55 the cars is going to be driven on street and for drifts

at the moment the rear leafs are completly flipped there is no movement in the rear at all !

This is to stif and get diff bounce and all the rest

I'm looking at getting another set of standard leafs but what i need to know is what do i or some need to do to them to get them prety stiff and bout 2.5 " lower then standard.

do i go find some extra leafs ? flip 1 or 2 of them

i just need some general ideas don't really wanna spend much money

for my ke55 rear theres:

eb ford sway bar

stock leafs

gas shockers

bounches around but very minium body roll when taking a turn, doing 100kph and jerk the steering wheel no body roll

ill take some pics of the sway bar if anyone wants?

what happens when they invert the eyes ??

Thats not all that happens. Yes you invert the eyes by flipping the main leaf, but you have to re-set the spring unless you want it to handle like a plastic bag full of cottage cheese.

To put things very basically, when you lower a car, the springs get to a point where they are either flat, or have a reverse bow in them. This is not optimal. By reversing the eyes, you get about 20mm more usable lowering height to use, before the spring becomes...... for want of a better word, disfigured or not optimal. Or over center. Or something. You get the gist. Beasically you want to maintain at least someof the curve in the spring, and inverting the main leaf allows extra lowering.

Somewhere around here I have a picture of a standard leaf pack and an inverted eye pack. I'll see if I can find it.

Edited by Redwarf