Ke30 Help!!

-=KE30=-

Hey guys..

recently bought a 76' ke30 and have had it about a month.. recently noticed alot of crap coming out the exhaust when left to idle and a little rev and what looks to be water/petrol mixed with black/oil sort of stuff left on the floor i have a photo to try and explain it better.. anyway what I'm asking is why is this happening?

any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks heaps Josh -=KE30=-

post-8496-1246246359.jpg

post-8496-1246246337.jpg

Members dont see this ad

CH3(CH2)6CH3 + O2 = CO2 + CO + H2O + C + Other crap, like Nitrogen oxides, and oxygen, sulphates, etc...

Octane + Oxygen = Carbon Dioxide + Carbon Monoxide + Water + Carbon

cbf balancing the above equation

Aka, in the basic combustion process, water, carbon (soot) and noxious gases are produced. when the exhaust is cool, the exhaust vapour cools, and condenses, thus water vapour changes to liquid. Carbon (soot) and carbon monoxide are produced due to incomplete combustion, where the fuel doesn't have enough air to fully burn. This more readily occurs where the choke is engaged, but also during some normal running, especially under full throttle. unless the car is producing the same quantities of sooty liquid, when the car is warm, I really wouldn't worry. You also have to consider that carbon builds up in the engine, and exhaust pipes, which can come out in standard running too.

Edited by Bowler

CH3(CH2)6CH3 + O2 = CO2 + CO + H2O + C + Other crap, like Nitrogen oxides, and oxygen, sulphates, etc...

Octane + Oxygen = Carbon Dioxide + Carbon Monoxide + Water + Carbon

cbf balancing the above equation

Aka, in the basic combustion process, water, carbon (soot) and noxious gases are produced. when the exhaust is cool, the exhaust vapour cools, and condenses, thus water vapour changes to liquid. Carbon (soot) and carbon monoxide are produced due to incomplete combustion, where the fuel doesn't have enough air to fully burn. This more readily occurs where the choke is engaged, but also during some normal running, especially under full throttle. unless the car is producing the same quantities of sooty liquid, when the car is warm, I really wouldn't worry. You also have to consider that carbon builds up in the engine, and exhaust pipes, which can come out in standard running too.

wow thats great :)

I'm glad its nothing serious thanks heaps for your help