Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

350 Holley

Featured Replies

Can I fit a 4-barrel 350 Holley on my 4k? Downjetted of course? Or a two barrel?

Edited by Jimpoole

its been done before!! don't expect it to be very drivable especially down low!

 

wasn't the holley 350 a twin barrel thing that opened both butterflys at the same time? reminded me of a stromberg fitted to a red 253....

 

Robert.

  • Author

Here's a picture of one

post-6515-1247533660_thumb.jpg

 

Just wondering if I could, they're relatively cheap compared to 32/36's or whatever, and due to their size, might give a considerable increase to power.

How do they take your 'down low'?. If they are to do that I'd rather not!

What's the go with the Webers again?

It's been covered in the FAQ what's best for a K motor! Just search around. You'll find a weber for less than $100 anyway.

Just have to look in the right places.

 

Carburettors

The 350 Holley is a two barrel and still way to big for a K motor,

better suited to something around 2600-3300cc engines

350s are a shitty carby anyway.

 

Its a common thing in the holden 6 world for people to throw a 350 on as an "upgrade" but basically all they do is chew fuel.

350 holley would be best suited to a 202 or a 253 in the holden world or maybe a 250 crossflow in the ford world??

 

I don't think you'd find it that great to drive. I'm sure you could make it work, but probably not as drivable as other things. You'd be putting it on a tiny little inlet manifold on a tiny little engine anyway it seems pointless to have something that big.

 

now, the bigger the diameter of the barrels the slower the air speed. what you want to make good power is high air speed so you can cram lots of air in and compress it lots and then get it out as quick as you can. People often make the mistake of going too big with carburettors and exhausts, when their engine would go better with smaller items and faster flow.

 

you have two massive butterflys on that opening at the same time, which is huge for a K motor. When you mash the throttle it would "bog" down and die as too much air would get in. Combined with a very lumpy cam, very high compression, a balance/lighten and some careful attention to detail engine building you could make it work, but you'd be making a 10,000rpm monster that wouldn't last long, and you couldn't drive on the street. with a standard cam I think you would lose a lot of power and drivability, and you'd get eaten by someone with a healthy stock engine.

 

Robert.

50s are a shitty carby anyway.

 

Its a common thing in the holden 6 world for people to throw a 350 on as an "upgrade" but basically all they do is chew fuel.

 

Agreed, but the first thing the old man would do when a Holden 6 came in to be tuned was to throw away the Holley and put the twin barrel Stromie on it. Instant improvement in drivability, economy and usually performance.

I had a 350 Holley on my TE Cortina with a worked 4.1 litre In-line 6 cylinder in it.

 

It wasnt a standard motor. You're talking about an engine that had a redline manifold, pacemaker extractors and a mild cam fitted and bumped up compression.

 

Went like a shower of shit, and yep, it chewed fuel at a decent rate and the 350 Holley Carb was rebuilt.

 

I can only imagine the fuel reversion you'd get if you were attempting to fit this to a stock standard 4K-C.

 

I'd imagine it would resemble something of a fuel waterfall down the side of your motor :dance:

 

Not a good idea. Stick with a 28/32? weber carburettor or a Holley 180 if you're wanting to stick with the Holley namesake.

If I had have upgraded the carburettor before I did anything else (ie camshaft regrinding and engine rebuild) then I'd probably have persisted for a few months and bought a faster car...

 

rebuild the engine and put a different spec camshaft in it before you put a larger carburettor or exhaust on it.

 

Robert.

get a sigma up ya they come stock with the gear :-)

 

not nich---- pete

  • Author

Sorry mate but I refuse to use anything that slightly resembles a Mitsubishi part on my car... ever.

Thanks everybody for the help

LOL have you noticed that subaru genuine drive belts are made by "mitsuboshi" ??

 

I'm sure I've seen the same belts on toyotas, and I'm sure I've seen "mitsuboshi" written on a few things in the ke corollas...

 

Mitsubishi is not that bad.... Trust me, I can think of worse.

 

Robert.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.